Thread: How would you run a league

How would you run a league

I am looking to run a league for dice masters, but I have a few ideas on what to do, so I am coming here to define my ideas

1. Constructed - one list round robin into a Swiss finals (if there is enough)
    2. Draft - into a round robin
    3. Weekly draft with end results going towards over all ladder

What do you guys think or do you have an ideas?

Weekly draft, KEEPER LEAGUE!
    For those that don't play fantasy sports, you may keep 1 card and all dice you got for that card this week, and add it it to your team the following week... Repeat each week.

I like that idea - the Keeper league

Hmmm - @Randy @RJRETRO if you guys want I could create a vassal league and over see it

If I was guaranteed to have the time to play every week, I'd so be in. That sounds like a blast.

I would say there would need to be a draft pool, rather than just picking whoever we want from each set.

We should definitely do a keeper league. So here are my thoughts.

1. Groups of 8 player make a league.
    2. 9 Week season.
    3. Each season is a different set.
    4. After each week you keep 1 card and all dice for that card.
    5. In the 9th week, the best two records play each other with only their keeper cards for the championship.

If it would be on Vassal count me in, sadly i wouldnt be able to run it in my town because the community is desillusioned with other great games... ^^'

This actually interests me more and more as I think about it. Sign me up.

O.k - Give me a few weeks (I`m just finishing up running a X-Wing League on Vassal) and I will put something together

Quote Originally Posted by mackstation View Post
    We should definitely do a keeper league. So here are my thoughts.

1. Groups of 8 player make a league.
    2. 9 Week season.
    3. Each season is a different set.
    4. After each week you keep 1 card and all dice for that card.
    5. In the 9th week, the best two records play each other with only their keeper cards for the championship.
    Consider reducing the number of packs drafted each week...
    Also, are you stuck with your keepers, or can you swap 1 out for a different one in any given week?

Well here is how i would make it.

Several different Events(over some months or Weeks),every has an entry fee or the costs for the Draft. At the end you recieve prizes and the Top 3 gaining some Points and that continiues until the last Event to see the Winner of all over the whole Season .

In the BeatemUp scene in Germany we call that a RanBat = Ranking Battle or A Small Tournament to determine Points for a bigger Endresult and sometimes alread qualified places in the End-Tournament/Championship)

Sounds like what I am doing on a larger scale for Iron Man

*Shameless plug* - I wrote it up here - Iron Man Event

I know that. But your Idea is really fresh and exciting, the larger scale is really old and i think from 2001 or 2002

I saw in another Thread or comment the D&D Dungeon Variant with leveling von C to UC and last to R / SR.

I like that Idea , i would like to See some 4 Card Teams Events, because most Teams have in there ,their win condition and 1 Ramp. And when continuing you grow your Team like say 6 Cards and than 8. So the Event grows bigger and more variable, but in the beginning it determines who you are(a Burner, a Striker or something else?) and how you want to win. Sure there can be deadlock's like 1 Team will always dictate another one. Also adding some switch cards like to a maximum of 2/3/4 to avoid that problem.

Dont know if it sounds exceting, or just a dumb idea. Maybe you guys can decide.

Can I use that on a Poster
    "... Your idea is really fresh and exciting,..." - Ressless

I'd be interested in this depending on when it is.

Sure but you don't have to put my name on :P because in America no one will know me Xd .
    Or they will say, "Ressless thats the guy who one once on Lan-Party the second place of C&C Red Alert 2-Yuris Revenge with only 4 competitors..." yeahhhh ^^

PS: Read the additional idea above your post i added there!

Yeah read it - and working out the kinks

And yeah I`m Australian ....:P

Oh sorry, i forgot that. Well even there....
    Well i hope the rainbows my head is shooting sometimes has some lines that can be useful^^

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    Also, are you stuck with your keepers, or can you swap 1 out for a different one in any given week?
    I'll propose an answer to my own question:
    If you had zero wins the Week before, you may swap...

Well it adds the flavour of an Sportsmanager.

I mean you make a contract with that Character at least for some time like 1 Event. And the more players you get, the more they must bring out the potential for the money you spent on them right?

max. 1 Swap per Week would be cool, maybe you cast Magneto and don't like his Helmet, swap him with Vixen next week dominate the field!