Thread: Good characters to build around

Good characters to build around

I'm looking to get ideas on characters to build a deck around. With various things I've read or seen, I know about the ones below:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avx129-tsarina.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	132.4 KB 
ID:	2262Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jl137-hellblazer.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	133.3 KB 
ID:	2263Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1088-trapdestroyer.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	128.2 KB 
ID:	2264

And I know about both versions of Professor X (for his Global):

Name:	uxm049-recruitingyoungmutants.jpg 
Views:	55 
Size:	101.6 KB 
ID:	2265Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uxm109-trainer.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	147.4 KB 
ID:	2266

But while I look into getting the above cards, are there other good ones that people use quite a bit? I remember hearing something about using several Ultron Drones and somehow pumping them up then making them unblockable, but other than that, any thoughts? While I'm guessing rare cards are going to be more useful, considering both the common and rare versions of Professor X are usable, I'm looking for any rarity cards that can be built around, mainly to see what to look for moving forward.

Also, I've been looking at the various OP cards that have come out, and while I have several of them, I'm curious if any are actually worth trying out? Some of the AvX ones and Trinity War ones seem rather good...

Thanks in advance!

Check out both my decks. The first deck is my baby. Ive been working on this one since I started to play and go to tourneys with it. The second deck that I made was mostly for fun but so far its been pretty effective. The third is for fun and effective itself too. It shows most of the cards you posted up so check it out.

Name:	70.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	88.6 KB 
ID:	2267 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2268 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ultron Drone - One of a Million.jpg 
Views:	57 
Size:	99.1 KB 
ID:	2269

This one is great if you're going to just smash the opposition.

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	56 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2268 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Hulk Out.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	76.1 KB 
ID:	2270

I'm going to go against the grain here, and suggest you do not 'net deck' at least not to begin with.

The person piloting the team is far more important than the cards being piloted.

To begin with, play the cards you own. Get a feel for the type of team you like to play. And the kinds of abilities you pilot the best.

This way you will be in a much better position to evaluate which of the 'power cards' you should invest in.

Just going out, buying the 'best cards' and lumping them together in a team can be a frustrating experience if you do not know how to use those cards to best get the most out of them.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    ^^^ excellent advice @Scorpion0x17 !

I agree with @Scorpion0x17 , the best way to learn this game is by making teams from the cards you own, play with them, see what happens and then adapt. Rinse, repeat etc. . Of course you can always try your own version on a team that has been proven to be good. Building your own version might help understanding the purpose of certain cards and why and when they do well or not.

The main idea about me mentioning the cards i did was that i keep seeing a lot of competitive decks using them.

Im not wanting to just buy a deck to play, i was mainly wanting to see suggestions of good cards to build around, to try my hand at making my own deck.
    For instance, i thought that Nick Fury that becomes unlockable was a good one to build around with my first try, but apparently its not quite up there with others. Hence why im wondering what you guys think.
    Im not looking for expensive SR cards, just any ideas, whether its common or chase, you know?

The OP Treant is a " good " character you can build a team around.

Nick Fury: Patch is still a solid card. Just find a card or set of cards you enjoy and build around them. You make the game less fun when you get too competitive. You tend to start copying instead of being creative. Find something you like and build. We will help you out.