Thread: Wolverine: Wanted + Jocasta

Wolverine: Wanted + Jocasta

Wolverine may attack a character with the Villain affiliation in the field instead of your opponent (he may be blocked normally).
    Does Wolverine: Wanted work as a way to self-induce combat damage on your own Jocasta: Patterned After Janet?

Add in Infiltrate and Colossus: Phoenix Force and you're swinging for 10-16 damage for each boosted Wolvie you hit each Jocasta with.

Edited to add: C:PF global is once per turn, but it's still a nice amount a damage that can be increased by pumping Wolvie up before using.
    Last edited by IgwanaRob; 08-04-2015 at 12:08 PM.

This is interesting. I thought you can only attack your opponent, but obviously Wolvie is different bub. I am interested to see if this is legal.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    This is interesting. I thought you can only attack your opponent, but obviously Wolvie is different bub. I am interested to see if this is legal.
    I asked on the rules forum, and asked WK's twitter account to poke the rules team with a stick to stir them form their gencon coma, so maybe we'll get an answer soon.

It DOES say "Attack a character with the Villain affiliation in the field", but doesn't specify opponent's villain. And the field is a shared gamespace between both players right?

Is this the new Fastball Special? I really, really, really hope so.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    I don't understand the interest in buying the extra character... Especially at 6 cost. The combo is neat, but can someone explain the interest to me? I feel like I'm missing something... Wolverine can be blocked normally, so you still have to deal with blockers or give him overcrush. Right?

Correct, there is no benefit to attacking KO versus attacking your opponent.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    I don't understand the interest in buying the extra character... Especially at 6 cost. The combo is neat, but can someone explain the interest to me? I feel like I'm missing something... Wolverine can be blocked normally, so you still have to deal with blockers or give him overcrush. Right?
    Just spit-balling. Most ways to stop her redirected damage concern action or global damage, not combat damage.

Blog Entries
    Jocasta serves more of a purpose if you're not playing the short game... But I don't think gunning for 10 to 16 damage is riding out the long game. I could see using jo as a hard counter to TBTI. I think @IsaacBV had a match he did that in, recently.

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Just spit-balling. Most ways to stop her redirected damage concern action or global damage, not combat damage.
    Force your opponent to attack or block, this is a much more reliable method. You could still play infiltrate and colossus in you opponents dudes right?

Ah, you can't colossus their characters, but still, there are other options.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    I think we'll see other villains that make wanted more viable than Jocasta... Might take some time, but I think it'll happen. I don't think he'll ever be even the second most popular Wolverine, but I've been wrong before and will be wrong again.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Jocasta serves more of a purpose if you're not playing the short game... But I don't think gunning for 10 to 16 damage is riding out the long game. I could see using jo as a hard counter to TBTI. I think @IsaacBV had a match he did that in, recently.
    Was think more of using her offensively. Like Mjolnir with legs, but less painful to yourself.

Right. So, attack your own Jocasta, then redirect to your opponent. It would be glorious because, well, attacking your own character.

You opponent can block your wolverine, even if he is trying to attack your Jocasta.

That would be funny to watch, my opponent block me while I attack myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Jar_99 View Post
    That would be funny to watch, my opponent block me while I attack myself.
    Use a Dimension Door on Wolvie and watch them cry instead

At that point, however, you might as well attack the opponent directly. Sigh, the dream is dead. Thanks Shadowmeld, Nefarious Geneticist and Killer of Dreams

Scrap this post...
    Last edited by Meatman; 08-05-2015 at 07:02 PM. Reason: Scrapped

Just had a thought...what if you used this card in some way...