Thread: Article: TRP Podcast 62: Gen Con 2015

Can we do a haiku contest all the time? That was awesome.

Congrats to all the winners! And welcome back, @Evan!

Ok i was reading the Wiki article about Haiku... really interesting, but still i only understand 50% of it.

So is this a haiku?

Oh Solomon Grundy,
    rise and shine!
    The Death awaits you.

?

And this not:

Oh Solomon Grundy,
    don't be so grumpy!
    Even a buried joke is a joke!

5 syllables, 7 syllables, 5 syllables, @Ressless .

Solomon Grundy
    Rise and shine -- and down you go.
    Enemy threat gone.

The Loki's Scepter Rare & Baron Zemo Rare interaction you were talking about from the draft. Wouldn't you be "using" the Scepter action when you place it in the field and not when you move it to the Used Pile to KO an enemy? Zemo wouldn't be applicable to action die, right? Like, you'd have to pay the Jinzo tax when put it in the field, not when its activated and moved to the used pile, right?

Kinda of like Millenium Puzzle vs Jinzo... you pay the life when you put the Millenium Puzzle in the field, not when you sacrifice it, right?

I haven't listened to the podcast yet but @Flexei has correctly stated the rule re when you "use" an action.

Ok. I listentened. @TRPEvan and @TheDoubleBursts were playing the combo wrong. You basically can't use Zemo with Loki's Scepter. But I've been lucky enough to draft the rare Baron Zemo and he's pretty much the strongest draft card in the set so I am confident it wouldn't have stopped @TRPEvan from getting that one loss

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    Ok. I listentened. @TRPEvan and @TheDoubleBursts were playing the combo wrong. You basically can't use Zemo with Loki's Scepter. But I've been lucky enough to draft the rare Baron Zemo and he's pretty much the strongest draft card in the set so I am confident it wouldn't have stopped @TRPEvan from getting that one loss
    @Indy Mon , the claims of cheating is far from appreciated.

There were rulings issued for the length of the weekend as temporary rulings issued by Jimmy. These rulings were issued first thing on Thursday. (There was a player in attendance on day one with the combo in their team at the first constructed so we pulled Jimmy over immediately.)
    Last edited by TheDoubleBursts; 08-08-2015 at 01:46 PM.

@TheDoubleBursts You may want to watch how you are coming across in these posts. Let's all be friends, yo.

I was just about to comment on buying Pepper Potts when Evan mentioned it. So... you could buy Shield Agent. Also, Evan, you're not the only one who calls Giant-Man Ant-Man.
    Last edited by SethAtreides; 08-08-2015 at 05:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDoubleBursts View Post
    @Indy Mon , the claims of cheating is far from appreciated.

There were rulings issued for the length of the weekend as temporary rulings issued by Jimmy. These rulings were issued first thing on Thursday. (There was a player in attendance on day one with the combo in their team at the first constructed so we pulled Jimmy over immediately.)
    I don't see anyone anywhere claiming cheating. Simply based on previous rulings, the Baron Zemo + Loki's Scepter combo didn't sound like it should work, but it's easy to also see why it could. It was then assumed by me and Indy that it was just misplayed. God knows I've misplayed PLENTY of cards thinking there was a word in the text that isn't, or goofed up something stupid (like trying to use Resurrection on my opponent's turn for example). No need to get defensive.

If that's how the tournament organizer/Jimmy ruled it at the time, then that's how it should have been played at the time. There ~were~ rulings somewhere for precedent set with Jinzo damage or SR Red Dragon's ability when used with Millennium Puzzle... though I'm not 100% sure where those rulings came from. Nothing officially in the RulesForum about it.

@Flexei , one of those rulings came from a game that I played at Worlds; it was determined that Jinzo deals damage when Millennium Puzzle was placed in the field as that is when you "use" it.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    *Obligatory owner pays life with Jinzo clarification.

@Flexei @Dave : the "you use it when it leaves the reserve pool" ruling is on the forums at http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...Strange#p11550. I've trained myself to remember it as the "doctor strange" ruling because it comes up so often.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    @Flexei @Dave : the "you use it when it leaves the reserve pool" ruling is on the forums at http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...Strange#p11550. I've trained myself to remember it as the "doctor strange" ruling because it comes up so often.
    Thanks Indy. I was searching for keywords with "Millennium Puzzle" and "Jinzo." One of these days I'll get better at searching the rules forum. .

The loop had been closed on this.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=7426&sid=6cf7bbfb0597a0776f4c 3a141d84476a