Thread: Article: 2015 Dice Masters German National Championship Top 8

Article: 2015 Dice Masters German National Championship Top 8

Did your voice get hoarse from all the Apologies you made today, @Tathic ?

I'm happy to see someone putting the core of Apologies in Advance to use in a competitive setting. Congratulations on second place. Would really like to hear your war stories.

Also, super read on the meta there in Germany with no one bringing a force attack global.

Seeing a Flame Swordsman where there should be a Canopic Jar on that second team. And a Beholder where there should be a Kobold in the top 4. And of course the AoU cards aren't appearing. Mo' cards mo' problems!

As for this line-up, there is a lot of interesting stuff here. I'm most surprised that Johnny Storm wasn't as prevalent as Human Torch. Do the Germans not know how fantastic Johnny Storm is?

I think the biggest surprise is that no one in top 8 had a hulk

I love these articles and these events. People should be careful, however, about drawing any large scale conclusions about the teams here. There were ten players at German Nationals (http://wizkidseventsystem.com/match.php?EVENT_ID=109778). There were 65 people at Spanish Nationals, however. The larger the field, the truer the test of the teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    I love these articles and these events. People should be careful, however, about drawing any large scale conclusions about the teams here. There were ten players at German Nationals (http://wizkidseventsystem.com/match.php?EVENT_ID=109778)
    Good call, though at the same time, minus Hulk, it's a who's who of Dice Masters teams... Patch Avengers, JSwarm, a variant on Dean's, etcetera.

Correctly evaluating tournament results is difficult, especially in this game with so many cards available but only 8 making up the core of your team, which is why an inward-focused team (2-3 cards win con, 2-3 efficiency/support, remainder protection from threats) seems to have the best chance, as we've been discussing here and elsewhere. The best lesson is that you simply can't mess with everything.

REALLY interesting to see so much Psylocke, as she's largely been avoided lately. Only one Jinzo though, and two BEWDs... Perhaps YGO distro in Deutschland wasn't so big, hence the lack of Millennium Puzzles?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave View Post
    Good call, though at the same time, minus Hulk, it's a who's who of Dice Masters teams... Patch Avengers, JSwarm, a variant on Dean's, etcetera.

Correctly evaluating tournament results is difficult, especially in this game with so many cards available but only 8 making up the core of your team, which is why an inward-focused team (2-3 cards win con, 2-3 efficiency/support, remainder protection from threats) seems to have the best chance, as we've been discussing here and elsewhere. The best lesson is that you simply can't mess with everything.

REALLY interesting to see so much Psylocke, as she's largely been avoided lately. Only one Jinzo though, and two BEWDs... Perhaps YGO distro in Deutschland wasn't so big, hence the lack of Millennium Puzzles?
    Or more specifically @Dave , the fact that there are only 2 Blue-Eyes. Also, they're from 1st and 2nd place. Guess that guy deserves his huge market boom.

I am not sure what to quote here so i will do this:
    all posts?!?
    I was reading here some interesting things. But yes the guessing about the teams and the why is why is just, not everybody i think is watchting the Nationals US or the Worlds or something similar like this. (And hey i can only speak for my scene, i only know Timo over Facebook for some reasons. So sorry i am not correct some details!)
    But we have players that build there teams on there local meta, some maybe ask around in the internet to refine and polishing there Ideas (like me with my Crush Team). Some maybe like the Team Idea and build around some cards that are useful.
    It is the thing that the players (maybe even the TOP8) have created and invented Teams on there own without knowing the so called "ongoing meta" on the otherside of the world. And then maybe playing them against friends and other people in their local store to test them, or maybe even not, just knowing how to play the Cards together.

But in summary i think it is a big and good step in the right direction here in germany. And i hope to see next year more events around in the bigger cities.

Quote Originally Posted by Isawa_mo View Post
    In the second team, wouldn't Dr. Strange immediately negate the Imprisoned?
    You could choose one of your own characters to take the two, Dr. Strange Ability, damage. This would not negate the Imprisoned BAC.

Actually 3 BEWDs, but one player had forgotten the matching die.

Final was hell and I won also with luck.
    First was a lose, with 5 life points. One turn more for me and I would had the win.
    2nd was 20 to zero for me.
    3th was the longest and hardest match after a long tournament day, win with 3 life points.

I'm really happy that I took the journey (almost 1000km that they, 26h awake), really nice people, players that love the game, a cool location ( a gamers bar) and of course the win of the constructed.

Personally I can say, I cannot see Hulk anymore... overplayed, and also I would need a global to ping in my opponents turn, and this would be not good for my SK ;D And I used DCK too less, maybe I change him for anything similar, and johnny for flame on ( but guess not). But my backbone was zantanna. best cases are field for free, trigger torch and get the just bought die into prep caused used are in transit and usually my used pile is empty at the start of my turn cause of pxg and zantanna.