Thread: Magento, Hellfire Club

Magento, Hellfire Club

Hey guys,

A question came up tonight regarding the Magneto: Hellfire Club version.

"While Magneto is active, if your opponent has no villains in the field, he takes 2 damage each time he draws one or more die from his bag."

How does this play with Swarm? I had been playing it that with Swarm, which is drawing an additional die, the person would get hit again. Our referee, who is really good and knows his stuff, says that is not so (and, I think he's probably right but I want to be sure). So which is it?

Thanks in advance!

I haven't studied the various texts, but my gut says... more damage.

Clear and draw is one draw effect, you draw 4 dice. Each additional draw from swarm is a triggered effect, that must be resolved independently, in its entirety, before you do the next one. Because of these completely independent draw events, I figure each one would trigger the damage from Magneto.

In my opinion the following ruling from the Wizkids Rules Forum can give us the answer.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...re+club#p13884

The specific text worth noting is:

...all events related to the act of drawing die during the Clear and Draw Step occur simultaneously for the purposes of the game... Similarly, [when] ability triggers as your opponent is drawing die, and is part of the single, simultaneous act of drawing die during the Clear and Draw Step, even though it is a separate physical act.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    In my opinion the following ruling from the Wizkids Rules Forum can give us the answer.

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...re+club#p13884

The specific text worth noting is:
    I stand corrected, and should have studied the various texts.

I absolutely think this ruling applies, and as such, Magneto's damage would not trigger multiple times.

In the moment, I likely would have called this wrong as well. So I appreciate you asking the question.