Thread: Article: Life is but a resource

Good article!

I've always been too afraid to use cards like IFL-FI because I always take too much damage in games as it is. I'm surprised I don't see more skilled players use these cards, as I'm sure they would get more value out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by RJRETRO View Post
    Good article!

I've always been too afraid to use cards like IFL-FI because I always take too much damage in games as it is. I'm surprised I don't see more skilled players use these cards, as I'm sure they would get more value out of it.
    Unfortunately things like giant man have pushed lilly into an even deeper niche.

Good article!

I dunno, there's a weird aspect to this game by product of unblocked characters going to used that being able to "threaten lethal" changes the game. Suddenly bad blocks are forced, the opposing line is thinned, and you can potentially avoid any retaliation.

By using your life as a resource in Dice Masters, you risk shifting into bad blocks and thinned lines, instead of being able to take 19 to the face and retaliating with 20 damage for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Unfortunately things like giant man have pushed lilly into an even deeper niche.
    Have they? I have yet to see a character that can deliver 4, 6, or 7 damage with a TFC-1 on a 3-cost purchase. Giant Man is better for affiliated and spinning play, but he lacks the consistency and overall low costs that Injection Fairy Lily can give you. If you're looking to pull off a simple rush down strategy, you'll be hard pressed to find a setup better than Pick Your Battles, Relentless, and Injection Fairy Lily - Forced Injection.

Nick Fury - Mr. Anger makes Giant Man THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

...best in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    Have they? I have yet to see a character that can deliver 4, 6, or 7 damage with a TFC-1 on a 3-cost purchase. Giant Man is better for affiliated and spinning play, but he lacks the consistency and overall low costs that Injection Fairy Lily can give you. If you're looking to pull off a simple rush down strategy, you'll be hard pressed to find a setup better than Pick Your Battles, Relentless, and Injection Fairy Lily - Forced Injection.
    Being an avenger, there is much better support available to him when things don't go according to plan, it won't cost any life and the doubling from something like patch makes it even more effective. On the simple, comboless rush down and beat them up strategy, I would argue that the tried and true Tsarina method is a better option. I'm not saying IFL is bad, trust me I love the card and I was around when the REAL IFL was doing insane damage to the yugioh format of the day by being way2stronk, but it's harder to build an effective team around in unlimited constructed imo.

Nick Fury - Mr. Anger makes Giant Man THE BEST IN THE WORLD.

...best in the world.
    Don't forget the SHIELD agent that gives you a free avengers field once per turn, freeing up a slot for Nick Fury: Patch if you are so inclined.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Don't forget the SHIELD agent that gives you a free avengers field once per turn, freeing up a slot for Nick Fury: Patch if you are so inclined.
    I generally only play Little Cup, so I get free Avengers fielding all day, every day.