Thread: Doc Strange and

Doc Strange and Vulnerability

Let's see if I did this correctly.

So, I choose your Hulk when I play vulnerability, Doc's already in the field and his ability is triggered by the Vulnerability. I choose the same Hulk as the target of Doc's ping. Hulk dies from the effect of Vulnerability, I draw a die and put it into my prep area.
    Last edited by Critenstein; 08-07-2015 at 08:31 AM. Reason: Posted instead of Previewed. I'm an idiot.

I like it, but does it KO Hulk immediately or will it still trigger Hulk?

Based on the ruling, in which Hulk Anger Issues takes enough damage to be KO'd but survives because his ability triggers:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...&t=1609&p=3814

I would say that yes, Hulk would trigger, because his ability triggers when he takes damage, at which point he was still in the field.

i dont know if the "if YOU damage that character" only refers to the player when using GLOBALS or if one character, in this example, Doctor Strange, damage Hulk. Maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by bartok View Post
    i dont know if the "if YOU damage that character" only refers to the player when using GLOBALS or if one character, in this example, Doctor Strange, damage Hulk. Maybe both.
    "You" refers to effects and damage that you control. This covers global, effect damage, and even combat damaged caused by characters you control. This combo definitely works as intended.

Quote Originally Posted by gkpon66 View Post
    Is there a timing issue here? Dr Strange can't damage till an action die is used and the action die doesn't trigger till damage is done. Just asking so I can see the correct interactions. Thanks.
    There's no timing issue. Doctor Strange Rogers when you use the action die (spend it), but when the action die's effect triggers. As such, you spend Vulnerability on a character, use Doctor Strange's ability to deal that character 2 damage, now that character is KO'd some the effect of Vulnerability is fulfilled.

Quote Originally Posted by Critenstein View Post

Let's see if I did this correctly.

So, I choose your Hulk when I play vulnerability, Doc's already in the field and his ability is triggered by the Vulnerability. I choose the same Hulk as the target of Doc's ping. Hulk dies from the effect of Vulnerability, I draw a die and put it into my prep area.
    Quick answer: yes. Hulk will be KO'd by Vulnerabilities ability and you get to draw a die from your bag and place it into your prep area.
    Long answer: Opponent has Hulk in play and you have Doc Strange in play. You use Vulnerability choosing your opponent's hulk > Doc Strange triggers his effect. For Doc's trigger, you target opponent's Hulk and deal 2 damage to it > Vulnerability's effect triggers and Opponents Hulk's effect triggers. As active player, your effects will resolve first. Vulnerability's effect KO's Hulk die and you prep a die from your bag. Opponent's effects now resolve . Hulk's effect goes off even if it's KO'd, doing which ever Hulk's ability it is. Note by this ruling it's just the one Hulk. http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=9749