Thread: Nick Fury: Schemes Upon Schemes

Nick Fury: Schemes Upon Schemes

Card text states:

"When you have 3 or more active Avengers characters, Nick Fury can't be KO'd (if he would be KO'd from damage, that damage remains until end of turn.)"

I'm confused by the significance of the part in parenthesis.
    If someone could explain what keeping combat damage until end of turn provides, I'd be grateful.

A combat example might help too.

Thanks.

If he takes damage while you have 3 Avengers, then you lose an Avenger, Fury might die from the damage.

Note: that it is any damage, @SirFrankus , not just combat damage.

So, since Nick Fury would not be KO'd, does that mean overcrush damage will not go through? Does he become a sheild against overcrush?

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post
    Card text states:

"When you have 3 or more active Avengers characters, Nick Fury can't be KO'd (if he would be KO'd from damage, that damage remains until end of turn.)"

I'm confused by the significance of the part in parenthesis.
    If someone could explain what keeping combat damage until end of turn provides, I'd be grateful.

A combat example might help too.

Thanks.
    It's the same as all other rules in parenthesis - it's reminder text of general rules of the game. In this case, it's a reminder that damage remains until the end of the turn.

Quote Originally Posted by CapoBro View Post
    So, since Nick Fury would not be KO'd, does that mean overcrush damage will not go through? Does he become a sheild against overcrush?
    Correct.

What happens if you have two other weak Avengers and Nick Fury, your opponent attacks with three 10/10 vanilla dice, and you block each one of them?

Cleanup occurs after KO's occur, so arguably there's a moment where Nick Fury has lethal damage on him and there are no Avengers around to keep him alive? Or is combat damage applied and removed "simultaneously?"