Thread: Sunday Morning Comix League

Sunday Morning Comix League

Okay, so I have been working for the past two weeks on my own iOS iPhone / iPad compatible app for Dice Masters. It already has more cards in it than Cubic and Prep Area, with an infrastructure that is easy to maintain for future sets without having to have an app release every time a new set comes out.

I have asked a couple of people to join the testing team; however, it is obvious that this job is going to be bigger than a handful of people. So I am going to post some screenshots of the current app and if they make you interested in helping these are the things I need help with: Data QA, do the cards come up, is the caching of images working, creating the card images from my scans, bluring the artwork to get rid of the mesh form the cards, clearing the text type face, etc.

Current Implemented Features
    • Portable Database for out of cycle updates
      Card Image caching outside of the application
      Data for every current set
      Card Listing with cached Wizkids Rules reference (FROM the Actual Site)
      Basic Card Collection

Current List of Features (in progress)
    • Full On Text Search of Every rule and every card with every field
      Team Creation with Cloud Sharing
      Personal Card Collection, including card counts
      Personal Dice Collection, including die counts
      Possibly a Dice Roller

It might be pretty ambitious however, these are the features I WANT in an app. No one so far has done it.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0878[1].PNG 
Views:	57 
Size:	949.2 KB 
ID:	2423Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0881[1].PNG 
Views:	60 
Size:	1.76 MB 
ID:	2424Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0877[1].PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	1.08 MB 
ID:	2425Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0879[1].PNG 
Size:	2.43 MB 
ID:	2426Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0884[1].PNG 
Size:	869.2 KB 
ID:	2429Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0880[1].PNG 
Views:	55 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	2427Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0883[1].PNG 
Views:	61 
Size:	376.1 KB 
ID:	2428
    (you can see the rules cells being moved at the bottom)

I would drop the dice roller - unless you plan on making it a fully playable game (which then you might be in a little trouble with WK)

I love the team idea, would be even more awesome (and maybe less work) if you guys worked with dicemastersdb ( the team builder of choice for myself) or something similar to integrate team building, as well as the collection side

And again - I don't know how much it would be - but if you could make it so instead typing the card or die in - I could take a photo of it and then it would recognise it and add it to my collection

I really like this idea and I have been looking for someone to make one for a while! I think something that would be cool is a health counter. Turn phone landscape and have health split screen with plus or minus buttons underneath. I would definetly be willing to test it out as well!

Quote Originally Posted by KingMatticus View Post
    I really like this idea and I have been looking for someone to make one for a while! I think something that would be cool is a health counter. Turn phone landscape and have health split screen with plus or minus buttons underneath. I would definetly be willing to test it out as well!
    Wishe I had of thought of that - I would use the H E double hockey sticks out of that

Also I will offer to test it on both iPhone and iPad

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    Wishe I had of thought of that - I would use the H E double hockey sticks out of that

Also I will offer to test it on both iPhone and iPad
    Oh yeah I would use it like crazy! And to add maybe have different health point themes or fonts. Have one that looks like a D-20 or one with Star Wars theme or one with Dr. Who theme! Or even one that looks like a dice master die, number with colored circle around it to represent the BAC dice!

I would stay away from IP's not in the dice master games (or have been announced) saves ip lawyers from those companies from getting involved

But it MAY (please seek qualified legal advice rather then taking this as gospel) fall under fair use as you are creating something to promote a product with said licenses

Or some custom art ( or the option for the user to load in their own background and then change the colour and font) would work well

Something this good should be on Android too.

Looks like a great app idea!

Cubic has a health Counter in it. I was thinking that it would be one of the light things to include with an RSS news feed for several sites in a later version.

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    I love the team idea, would be even more awesome (and maybe less work) if you guys worked with dicemastersdb ( the team builder of choice for myself) or something similar to integrate team building, as well as the collection side
    Let me check with @Loran about this. because this sounds like at least high level and really good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    Cubic has a health Counter in it. I was thinking that it would be one of the light things to include with an RSS news feed for several sites in a later version.
    I had never heard of cubic - and I would prefer to keep all my dice mastering in one app if possible (so please maybe bump it up the list)

I love the idea of this iOS app. I would be willing to help if you need another person. I don't have any coding background but and willing to test and help with what I can. I have a little back ground with picture editing.

The idea of having a game counter for life and maybe flip a coin or roll a D20 would be a valuable idea.