Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Thanos SR

Whenever one of your Villains deals combat damage to an opponent, put an Infinity Counter on Thanos. Thanos dice cost 2 less to purchase for each Infinity Counter on Thanos.
    A) There is no limit placed on the discount (ie minimum of 1) so yes you can get it for free
    B.) The wording of the second sentence leads me to believe that no the counters do not reset

But remember it is combat damage - which means either an unblocked villain or overcrush, (though thinking about it would combat damage dealt to Jocosta count towards this?)

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    A) There is no limit placed on the discount (ie minimum of 1) so yes you can get it for free
    B.) The wording of the second sentence leads me to believe that no the counters do not reset

But remember it is combat damage - which means either an unblocked villain or overcrush, (though thinking about it would combat damage dealt to Jocosta count towards this?)
    not for free, minimum is always 1, except it is mentioned on the card!

Edit: Than i never has write something here sorry^^.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    not for free, minimum is always 1, except it is mentioned on the card!
    Where do you get that ruling from?

I am using cards like - minimum of 1

Cards like - reduce it to 0

then please explain and answer me how you can buy a character without a Condition with a Cost of Zero?

Mathematical not possible.

Well that is determined by what you define with in gaming as buying
    The way I define it is, paying the cost (in this case 0) and moving the die to the used pile

5 counters = reduced by 2x5 = 10 - 10 = 0

Ok - my search didn't bring that up (wrong search terms)

I was writing it before and deleted it because Sneak commented a second time ^^.

I define it like this.

If a condition is met, you can use "Purchase". That is a Function that makes it possible to have
    a 0 "when that happens".

But in this case: 10-2x5=0

You would negate to get him. You bring him to Zero, he could not be purchased if that would possible. Because there is not a function for the purchase, but a constant (him) and a Offset of -2 for a counter for him(yes i am horrible in math and especially in explaining)^^.

PURCHASE cost is always a minimum of 1, specifically the type of energy called for. It can never be reduced to 0 unless explicitly called out by the card. This is a fundamental game rule, regardless of presence or absence of italicized reminder text.

FIELDING cost can be reduced to 0, but never below.

There is no such thing as "redirect damage". If damage is redirected, the source of the damage remains unchanged. If ability damage is redirected, it remains ability damage. If combat damage is redirected, it remains combat damage.

Preventing and Redirecting
    Some powers prevent a game effect (damage, drawing a die, etc.). This includes cards that “take no damage.” When an action is prevented, all of the effects of that ability are canceled, and that effect can no longer be reacted to. Costs for that ability are not refunded.

Other powers redirect a game effect (usually damage). When an effect is redirected, the target of the effect changes from its original target to the new one chosen as described in the game text, even if that target was not a legal one for the original effect. The source of the effect remains unchanged from the original.
    Bolded emphasis mine.

Does using Overcrush constitute having dealt combat damage to an opponent?

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    Does using Overcrush constitute having dealt combat damage to an opponent?
    Yes, based on recent ruling confirms that Overcrush is combat damage.

For reference:

Damage to a player from a blocked attacker with Overcrush is combat damage, not ability damage. This is due to the fact that Overcrush simply affects the allocation of already assigned combat damage (i.e., “it deals any leftover damage to your opponent”) rather than generating a new source of damage.
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...t=7391&p=17934

So sorry for asking this maybe again. But now that i read the Hulk Green Goliath Answer again with Attacker blocked and unblocked, would it be the same for Thanos?

Or was it for Hulk, he takes damage and the player at the same time takes damage and i am messing mixing this up?

Thanos (with Overcrush) attacks. Hulk blocks. Thanos KOs Hulk and deals leftover damage to opponent.

Thanos is the same source of damage, so Hulk would only proc once.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Thanos (with Overcrush) attacks. Hulk blocks. Thanos KOs Hulk and deals leftover damage to opponent.

Thanos is the same source of damage, so Hulk would only proc once.
    Nono i ment if some villain attacks unblocked and one is attacking with overcrush and get blocked will this bring 2 Counters for Thanos?

It would be two separate sources of combat damage from Villains.

Whether that means 2 counters is dependent on whether you can get multiple tokens during the same attack or not (still some debate about that, based on the use of the word "whenever").