Thread: Loki: Loki Laufeyson interaction with Hulk

Loki: Loki Laufeyson interaction with Hulk

If I use Loki: Loki Laufeyson's ability text...

While Loki is active, once per turn you may pay to deal 1 damage to a character. That character loses all of its abilities until end of turn. You may use this ability whenever you could use a Global Ability.
    ..on my opponents Hulk: Jade Gient...

While Hulk is active, when either you or Hulk takes damage, knock out one of your opponent's level 1 characters.
    * Instead knock out one opposing character of any level.
    ...how does this resolve? Does the damage trigger Hulk? Or does the loss of the opponents ability (Hulk) occur first?

I think Loki would resolve 1st. His full effect would resolve and then Hulks effect, but by the time hulks effect would occur he's already vanilla.

The full effect resolves all at once, so the damage and effect negation would be applied and then Hulk would stand around awkwardly trying to throw a tantrum, but Loki's magic will have left him as nothing more than a beatstick.

I disagree.

There is a Hulk Anger Issues ruling that states that Hulk's ability triggers when he is damaged, and fully resolves even if he took enough damage to KO him.

Given that ruling, I believe that Hulk's ability is intact at the time he is damaged, so, it triggers, and will fully resolve.

But only after the remainder of Loki's ability has itself resolved.

There is a debate about this in another thread.

I suggest we do not repeat that debate here.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post

There is a debate about this in another thread.

I suggest we do not repeat that debate here.
    @Scorpion0x17 - Do you want to put the link to that debate here so people can jump straight across to it and read it to catch up?

***Side note .... YAY 100 posts ..:P ****

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    @Scorpion0x17 - Do you want to put the link to that debate here so people can jump straight across to it and read it to catch up?
    Yeah, good thinking.

It's here: http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...Loki-Laufeyson

My apologies for not searching out the topic first. Thanks for the housekeeping @Bestia and @Scorpion0x17 .