Thread: Lord of D Ring questions

Lord of D Ring questions

The Lord of D Ring combo is new to my meta and I'm confused on a few things.
    From my understanding even if something's not targeting a character it just targets LODR instead and fizzles. Would Human Paladin Global, pay a shield reduce the damage you take from character ability to 1 work, Vibranium Shield Global, pay shield to prevent 1 damage to a character or player, or Captain America Man out of Time, while active each time you take non-combat damage, deal 1 damage to an opponent, work?
    My other question is about taking apart the combo. Do things like Namor Atlantiean(when Namor blocks, you may cancel one active action effect. Move that action die to its owners used pile if necessary), Doomcaliber Knight Skeletal Warrior (when an opponent uses an action die, you may cancel the effect and knock out this monster), or Breaker the Magical Warrior Mana Breaker (When summoned, you may move an action die from the field to its used pile) work against the combo?
    I know things that things that use words like "all" work, but not sure when it says things like "an opponent"
    Thanks in advance

There are a couple resources here on the TRP site you can use:

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...highlight=Lord

and

http://www.thereservepool.com/showwi...Lord+of+D+Ring

Edit: Now that I re-read your post, I do not believe these questions were addressed. Interested to see others opinions.

Would Human Paladin Global, pay a shield reduce the damage you take from character ability to 1 work,
    Yes would work, reactive, it works only when something was activated before to deal you damage, so you can use the Global to reduce it to 1.

Vibranium Shield Global, pay shield to prevent 1 damage to a character or player,
    Would not work, because you have to decide which die or player (target)

or Captain America Man out of Time, while active each time you take non-combat damage, deal 1 damage to an opponent, work?
    I would say yes, because it is not a target but a group, because you cannot chose who is your opponent. But if you would play a Doubles-Game where you have 2 Opponents, iam not sure how to handle it.

------

My other question is about taking apart the combo. Do things like Namor Atlantiean(when Namor blocks, you may cancel one active action effect. Move that action die to its owners used pile if necessary),
    Not sure, because the ring says abilities and action dice must target the LordofD.(Monster), but Narmor only looks only for Action Dice and not monsters.
    In a logical way i would say he can cancel it, but who knows... ?_?

Doomcaliber Knight Skeletal Warrior (when an opponent uses an action die, you may cancel the effect and knock out this monster),
    Works as reactive, you cancel the effect of it and the ring lands in the used pile.

or Breaker the Magical Warrior Mana Breaker (When summoned, you may move an action die from the field to its used pile)
    see Narmor above.

The Lord of D. Ring combo only affects abilities that can target characters. Any ability that cannot target a character is completely unaffected by the combo. Accordingly, this is how the individual questions work out:

Human Paladin - This ability affects the damage of an ability. It cannot target a character, so there is no conflict.

Vibranium Shield - This mitigates one damage being dealt. It cannot target a character, so there is no conflict.

Captain America - This is a static effect that mitigates damage. It never targets anything, let alone characters, so there is no conflict.

---

Namor - This ability cannot target characters, so it is able to target the Ring of Magnetism and remove it from the field.

Doomcaliber Knight - This ability doesn't target anything so it will still proc if Ring of Magnetism is on the board already. However, it will not stop Ring of Magnetism from working. It will only keep your opponent from putting Ring of Magnetism onto the field in the first place.

Breaker the Magical Warrior - This ability cannot target character, so it is able to target the Ring of Magnetism and remove it from the field.

---

Something else you could use is either of the non-rare Jinzo's. They have very decent stats and are incredible for clearing away even more action dice such as Cerebro or Millennium Puzzle.