Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Burst Damage

Burst Damage

Created a deck with the idea of using Red Skull Common and Giant Man Uncommon and Iron Man Life Gain but it went sideways.

So far this is what I have.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	2440

Bring it on in Vassal Now?!!!^^ Maybe YES? NO ?YES YES? NO?

If you want to message me, just add me on hangout. Ill PM you my name.

ok i will see tomorrow how to do it. but this team really looks stable and good.

Perhaps the iron man with the shield global so you can redirect damage you take to Hulk, or a kobold, and trigger a spin up on giant man. This allows you to effectivly magic Missile, BEWDG or human torch ability as a response to taking damage, and gives you an option with shields.

You are notorious for using shields/shield characters

Besides, the point of this Iron Man is to gain health. I dont care about reducing damage.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 08-11-2015 at 06:19 AM.

So I went back to what I was originally going to create. So far this is what I came up with. Its really expensive but hopefully Blue Eyes comes through for me.

Views:	39 
ID:	2477 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	61.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	85.5 KB 
ID:	2478

My win condition is Giant Man. I can either swords of Revealing light or have spiderman out and pay a fist to force everyone to swing at him. Red Skull is just to keep them off of me long enough for me to build up.

Actually, I might have fixed it up a bit
    Although I do have a question with Human Paladin's Global and Cyclops ILCK. Does it affect him? I assume it does affect him, if not Ill try out my Ultron drones. Affordable 3 cost with all this fist energy lying around.

Views:	42 
ID:	2488

The HumanPaladin Global doesn't effect Cyclops, because he deals his damage to the characters and not your opponent.

"Reduce the Damage you take from a character ability to 1."

Still not sure about that. Its Cyclops ability in the end. Might need more input. Ill ask in the questions

Yeah Ressless is correct Human Paladin only limits damage done to you not your characters by abilities and the such. In this way it functions very like the captain America (super soldier off the top of my head)

I just remembered this too.

This happens before the blocking stop. Globals can only be applied until AFTER blockers are assigned. Cyclops does his job before anything can be applied.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I just remembered this too.

This happens before the blocking stop. Globals can only be applied until AFTER blockers are assigned. Cyclops does his job before anything can be applied.
    In the case of Human Paladin, you can only use his global after(or inside of it) an effect triggers and would deal damage to you. So this global is reacting with something and is not bound by some priorities or the main step and attack step possible global phases.

Yep.

This is not a timing issue.

It's an issue of where the damage is directed.

CILCK directs damage at the player's characters.

Human Paladin reduces damage directed at the player.

Human Paladin could be used to reduce the damage directed at the player by Tsarina (if the player can't, or chooses not to, spin a character down), for instance, even though the timing of her ability is exactly the same as the timing of CILCK's.

Here's another interesting question with Hulk Green Goliath and Human Paladin. Hulk is triggered and he does 3 damage to all my characters, can I pay a shield to reduce the 3 damage hit to 1?

No, because the Damage is to the characters. You could pay a shield to reduce Damage from Nove the Human Rocket from 2 to 1.

Here's another. Anger Issues plus Cyclops

Will I do damage on my opponnent I knock out characters placing the action on him during the main step then attacking?

Here's another. Anger Issues plus Cyclops

Will I do damage on my opponnent I knock out characters placing the action on him during the main step then attacking?
    If you're KOing all blockers and then just going through unblocked, it's combat damage not ability damage and Human Paladin wouldn't apply.

Oh, I'm past that
    I'm talking about Anger issues and Cyclops
    I place the die on Cyclops and I attack. I knockout everyone. Will the damage exceeding their defense be applied because of overcrush? It is combat damage
    I'll go with no but that be a pretty devestating combo.

Oh, I'm past that
    I'm talking about Anger issues and Cyclops
    I place the die on Cyclops and I attack. I knockout everyone. Will the damage exceeding their defense be applied because of overcrush? It is combat damage
    I'll go with no but that be a pretty devestating combo.
    It is not combat damage. It is ability damage. Combat damage is not all damage done during the attack step, it's just the damage dealt directly through the characters attacking and blocking.

If your enemy has not so strong defensive characters and you attack with 2 Characters with Thrown Card overcrush on them it can hurt, if they will be blocked after Cyclops bring his Beam around.

Im talking about placing the Anger Issues on Cyclops, attacking and before they set up blockers Cyclops does his thing. Will doing his ability with overcrush present be allowed or its not a valid combo? As in it attacks everyone with overcrush anger issues can I get the exceeding damage to hit my opponent.