Thread: Jocasta vs. Hulk GG

Jocasta vs. Hulk GG

I think I already know the answer to this question, but I just wanted to make sure I'm playing it right.

I have Jocasta fielded. My opponent has Hulk GG and Magic Missile. My opponent pings his Hulk dealing 3 damage to all my characters. That 3 damage is redirected from Jocasta to my opponent. Does this now trigger Hulk again, or would this somehow be considered the same effect (~wishful thinking~)?

Basically if I have Jocasta fielded, does my opponent now get to deal 6 damage to my characters (other than Jocasta) with one Hulk ping?

Second question which I think I know the answer for:
    Same scenario as above, but this time I deal enough damage to Hulk to KO him. Hulk triggers dealing 3 damage to all my characters. Jocasta redirects 3 of that damage to my opponent. Is Hulk still "active" to trigger again from the damage to my opponent?

(fighting some Hulk proliferation at my LGS, so trying to work out these scenarios before they actually come up)

I believe the first is a "yes".

The second, I think, is a "no", maybe.

I'm not confident about either answer, but more confident about the first, though.

1) Hulk gets 1 damage from global. Hulk Ability triggers and he deals 2/3 damage to all opposing characters. One of them is Jocasta. Now Jocasta's ability triggers and redirects the 3 damage to Hulk's owner. Now since this is a different source of damage (hulk is damaged by himself) he triggers for a second time. This is somewhat beneficial as it let's deal 4/6 damage of single , yet comes at a price of 3 life. You can avoid this damage by using Human paladin Global, or by pinging Jocasta once, before pinging Hulk.

2) Hulk receives lethal damage. He now is KO'ed. His ability triggers despite him no longer being active, as he was active at the moment when he was damaged, dealing 2/4 damage to all opposing characters. One of them is Jocasta. Now Jocasta's ability triggers and redirects the 3 damage to Hulk's owner. Since Hulk is already KO by this point he will not trigger, and no further damage will be dealt.

This is at how I see it.

Thanks guys. This is how I interpreted it as well. In the first case, as I said, was kinda hoping I was wrong. I still think I like Jocasta for my "Hulk Buster" team I'm working on though... I'll just have to get more of her out and make that life loss a bit more costly for the Hulk user.