Thread: Apologies in Advance

Is there an argument why one would choose Distraction for a Basic Action as opposed to the Phantom Zone? It would seem to me you could use Phantom Zone to remove an opponents character with a fielding cost of 3. I can see benefits of both cards, but a reliable way to remove a fielding cost of 3 (which is implied to be a level 3 bomb) seems better.

This is not an indictment of the team @Shadowmeld built. Just a thought that occurred to me.

Distraction is needed to pull your beholder back and prevent damage to you opponent.

Because distraction has no need to be bought. You pay a mask to push the attackers out, even yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Distraction is needed to pull your beholder back and prevent damage to you opponent.
    Ah, yes. Thanks for the clarification.

Any updates to this build? Counters? Things that make it even more efficient (EVIL)? 😜

Quote Originally Posted by paradox22 View Post
    Any updates to this build? Counters? Things that make it even more efficient (EVIL)? 😜
    Good question. Is there anything in AOU that would make its way into the deck?

Quote Originally Posted by reaverdrop View Post
    I've seen both versions of this build (as posted earlier in the thread) and listened to the podcast that briefly talked about it, but I'm having trouble visualizing how to play this team. Would someone mind giving me an "explain like I'm 5" overview of this deck? I have all the cards required for both builds and would love to try them both out for fun.
    Basically, assign Beholder to attack, triggering his effect. First use Imprison to capture all your opponents dice up to a combined total fielding cost of 2, then use Distraction to pull your Beholder back so he doesn't go through and damage your opponent as that would release the Imprisoned dice. Repeat each turn until you can swing in for lethal while they have nothing fielded.

Here's a good article to read as well: http://www.thereservepool.com/conten...prach-Beholder

Turn one, but Widow, PXG 2x. What ever you do you need to roll 7 dice on turn 2, buy a beholder (cause you rolled 7 energy and one is a mask.

Then, start ramping back up again with your dice until you field the beholder. Don't worry about how much damage you take, just get the beholder on the board. If it doesn't kill you, then you can capture it. Widow/Potts keeps their characters low enough levels to be captured. Repeat this process until you have Human paladin and 20 attack power on the board. Attack, capture all possible blockers, hit for 20.

Distraction is your defense, you don't even need to block most turns. Remember, Life is a resource, so if you aren't losing it much (like to Magic missile or Power Bolt) then you can let a guy go through take a big hit and still win the match after he's gone.

Keep your mind on your victory conditions, worry less about what your opponent is doing. If he starts buying your imprisons, buy another beholder, that's why we have 4.

Hey Shadow... Love this deck, but what would be the best way to counter it. Of course, your opponent can buy imprisoned, but with blue eyes it isn't too hard to buy more beholders. If you look across at your opponents cards and see a "force attack" global, we can just buy the paladin to counter.or save masks to distract our characters back... Having a hard time seeing a counter to this sucker.

Toad is a pretty nasty counter, anything that lets you consistently KO or swap out the beholder buys you time. Then of course, just bring action dice that deal direct damage. Fireball is actually a hard counter because if the beholder wants to use imprisoned, he has to use Fireball too. This means he either KOs your characters, prepping them, or he imprisons then the frees them.

Potts update

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Turn one, but Widow, PXG 2x. What ever you do you need to roll 7 dice on turn 2, buy a beholder (cause you rolled 7 energy and one is a mask.

Then, start ramping back up again with your dice until you field the beholder. Don't worry about how much damage you take, just get the beholder on the board. If it doesn't kill you, then you can capture it. Widow/Potts keeps their characters low enough levels to be captured. Repeat this process until you have Human paladin and 20 attack power on the board. Attack, capture all possible blockers, hit for 20.

Distraction is your defense, you don't even need to block most turns. Remember, Life is a resource, so if you aren't losing it much (like to Magic missile or Power Bolt) then you can let a guy go through take a big hit and still win the match after he's gone.

Keep your mind on your victory conditions, worry less about what your opponent is doing. If he starts buying your imprisons, buy another beholder, that's why we have 4.
    Hi Shadowmeld,
    I see from your description above that Pepper Potts: CEO of Stark Industries has been added; does she replace Constantine or Jinzo? Thanks.