Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Article: JL Globals Review

  1. #1

  2. #2
    The reason Casualties is/can be a lot better is because it can trigger multiple times per turn, at the cost of a single energy. Each separate instance of a Sidekick KO is +1 life. Use the Casualties action, gain a life. Field a Quicksilver? Gain another life. Combat damage? Gain another life.

    Depending on the abilities your team brings for KOing opposing characters or dealing minor damage to opposing characters, it can add up a lot. Of course, it's still a "lose less" Global and not a "win" Global.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    The reason Casualties is/can be a lot better is because it can trigger multiple times per turn, at the cost of a single energy. Each separate instance of a Sidekick KO is +1 life. Use the Casualties action, gain a life. Field a Quicksilver? Gain another life. Combat damage? Gain another life.

    Depending on the abilities your team brings for KOing opposing characters or dealing minor damage to opposing characters, it can add up a lot. Of course, it's still a "lose less" Global and not a "win" Global.
    Yes, which is why a Hulk: Green Goliath would combo quite nicely with that global. Pay fist for the global, ping Hulk with a bolt for Magic Missile or Slifer, and knock out all of your opponent's sidekicks and possibly some of their other characters,with the added bonus of life gain.

  4. #4
    I for one, appreciate the work @Randy does to do these global reviews. If anyone complains (aka, pings him with the Wasp global) they should save their energy.

    And use that energy to purchase more Giant Men.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by SethAtreides View Post
    Yes, which is why a Hulk: Green Goliath would combo quite nicely with that global. Pay fist for the global, ping Hulk with a bolt for Magic Missile or Slifer, and knock out all of your opponent's sidekicks and possibly some of their other characters,with the added bonus of life gain.
    Unfortunately due to the ruling on WKRF, that would only net you 1 life, since the Sidekick KOs happen at the same time. It's 1 life per instance, not 1 life per Sidekick.

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Unfortunately due to the ruling on WKRF, that would only net you 1 life, since the Sidekick KOs happen at the same time. It's 1 life per instance, not 1 life per Sidekick.
    Exactly. You can time it up right to gain more life. But it requires a bit of planning. And is it really worth it for gaining 3-4 life? Maybe.... but man, you have to have your ducks in a row for it to be worth it.

  7. #7
    I believe that the Villainous Pact global can be used with BEWD is you use the villainous pact global first.
    1) use villainous pact global to put a die from your bag into your Prep.
    2) use BEWD to KO a character to buy another die.

    If I am correct, you can use both the villainous pact AND the BEWD global if used in this order.

    EDIT: I also believe that you can use something like Resurrection after you use the Villainous Pact global. Villainous Pact just has to be first

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat110 View Post
    I believe that the Villainous Pact global can be used with BEWD is you use the villainous pact global first.
    1) use villainous pact global to put a die from your bag into your Prep.
    2) use BEWD to KO a character to buy another die.

    If I am correct, you can use both the villainous pact AND the BEWD global if used in this order.
    You're absolutely right. One popular way to use the Villainous Pact global, like Resurrection or Silver Surfer, is to use it when your bag is empty, right after you made a big purchase. The global tells you to draw a die. But your bag is empty. So you refill it with everything in you'd used pile, including that big purchase you just made, excluding the energy you just spent that went out of play. If you use BEWD to make that big purchase more affordable, it sends your own characters to your prep area, making you unable to use Villainous Pact in this way to instantly prep what you just purchased.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    You're absolutely right. One popular way to use the Villainous Pact global, like Resurrection or Silver Surfer, is to use it when your bag is empty, right after you made a big purchase. The global tells you to draw a die. But your bag is empty. So you refill it with everything in you'd used pile, including that big purchase you just made, excluding the energy you just spent that went out of play. If you use BEWD to make that big purchase more affordable, it sends your own characters to your prep area, making you unable to use Villainous Pact in this way to instantly prep what you just purchased.
    So you can use Villainous Pact with BEWD, but in order to use it very effectively, you can't KO your characters and then use it.

    I understand what you meant in your article now. Thank you for the clarification!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •