Thread: Cyclops - If Looks could Kill

Cyclops - If Looks could Kill

So I'm creating a team called Giant Swing and I have two characters that might not sync.

The Human Paladins Global and Cyclops

If a shield is paid during the attack step after blockers are assigned will the paladins ability shut down to 1?

Actually just thinking it over I wouldnt think so. Globals can only be played after blockers are assigned and Cyclops completes his task before you can pay the shield.

Even if the timing was right to make this happen the human paladin global doesn't interact with cyclops it reads "pay shield. Reduce the damage YOU take from a characters ability to 1. " Cyclops does damage to all characters in the field not to you therefore they have no interaction.

As other players have stated, it wouldn't be able to be used to reduce the ability damage from the Cyclops. The Paladin shield is primarily used for burn effects that hit YOU, as the player directly.

Yep, as I posted in your other thread, @VastSpartan :

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    This is not a timing issue.

It's an issue of where the damage is directed.

CILCK directs damage at the player's characters.

Human Paladin reduces damage directed at the player.

Human Paladin could be used to reduce the damage directed at the player by Tsarina (if the player can't, or chooses not to, spin a character down), for instance, even though the timing of her ability is exactly the same as the timing of CILCK's.