Thread: Colossus - Phoenix Force

If you give Wolverine the Phoenix Force team affiliation, yes. It was ruled legal at an official Wizkids event, however, some people are waiting for an official WKRF ruling before stating it as legal.

Officially, nothing yet. I'm sure I'm not the only only to submit it to WKRF either, but maybe they'll answer that Q as much as they did the Captain Cold Q's

Great combo to use to target your own Jocasta too, if you're using Wolverine: Wanted, but that's still easy to counter unless you add in an a way to make Wolvie unblockable. Doable, but fiddly and inconsistant (although satisfying to trigger it even once).

That said.... attacking Jocasta with your own pumped up unblockable Phoenix Force Wolverine has absolutely no difference from attacking your opponent with a pumped up unblockable Phoenix Force Wolverine. The only difference at all is that you had to buy Jocasta and field her as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    That said.... attacking Jocasta with your own pumped up unblockable Phoenix Force Wolverine has absolutely no difference from attacking your opponent with a pumped up unblockable Phoenix Force Wolverine. The only difference at all is that you had to buy Jocasta and field her as well.
    Yup, I was originally looking at ways to hit her with combat damage while trying to actually use Colossus' global, and the initial idea was a defensive wall of Jocastas as I built up to the combo, but that was too fiddly in the end. Scrapped the idea as using Colossus's global was just not consistent enough when adding in the costs of buying the heavy hitters that he'd benefit. Settled on using Patch and Infiltrate on the rare Injection Fairy Lily. Toss in Ant-Man for the global and fuel for pumping up the IFL's defense with Take Cover, then flipping that boosted D for an unblockable double hitting attack turned those lowly Lvl 1/2 IFL's into scary beasts. Even by themselves, they are still a mini-swarm of needles

If you give Wolverine the Phoenix Force team affiliation, yes. It was ruled legal at an official Wizkids event, however, some people are waiting for an official WKRF ruling before stating it as legal.
    Has it actually been ruled legal? I was under the impression that it was never called into question in the first place and that no ruling whatsoever was handed down.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    Has it actually been ruled legal? I was under the impression that it was never called into question in the first place and that no ruling whatsoever was handed down.
    Well, Wizkids official Game master liked the combo, took a picture of it, and said it was something he never thought of using. It was used in a game against him and he was cool with it.

Well, Wizkids official Game master liked the combo, took a picture of it, and said it was something he never thought of using. It was used in a game against him and he was cool with it.
    Okay, I just wanted to make sure no one actually made a ruling. Thanks for the confirmation.

Officially ruled now!

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=7760

Phoenix Force is an affiliation, and the Global refers to the affiliation.

I did not find this thread during my initial search. Sorry for the duplication here:

http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...ion-is-a-thing

Question on his main ability text:

While Colossus is active, knock out the non-Sidekick character with the lowest cost at the end of your turn (you break ties).

Does lowest cost refer to die purchase cost or fielding cost?
    Does this look at all fielded characters, not just your opponents?
    Must you do this if able?

If I'm interpreting it correctly, I'm thinking purchase cost, all fielded, and must do.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Question on his main ability text:

While Colossus is active, knock out the non-Sidekick character with the lowest cost at the end of your turn (you break ties).

Does lowest cost refer to die purchase cost or fielding cost?
    Does this look at all fielded characters, not just your opponents?
    Must you do this if able?

If I'm interpreting it correctly, I'm thinking purchase cost, all fielded, and must do.
    "Cost" always equals purchase cost unless specified otherwise. You are correct on all your interpretations.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    "Cost" always equals purchase cost unless specified otherwise. You are correct on all your interpretations.
    Thanks. I'm getting better at this.