Thread: Article: Organized Play Reward Previews! (Card Image Within)

Not a fan of the art choices there.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    Not a fan of the art choices there.
    Dang. I completely disagree. I love every one of these art choices.

Love the art, love the retro look and the Ultron art. Thanks WizKids for the preview!

Can't see the video, updated browser/flash. Can someone please post the link?

Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Can't see the video, updated browser/flash. Can someone please post the link?
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=FqIQgV...ature=youtu.be

This work?

That works, Thanks!

Dunno what's going on, but it's too close to quitting time to sit here and figure out

Thanks for sharing @Dave . Good to see Wizkids is giving you the cards to preview!

Thanks Dave, the video was really cool and funny.

I love these Teen Titans Cards and Marvels are ok, i guess they look cool, but the ultron is realyl expensive. I was thinking about Limited Wish for him combined with Thousand Dragon global. well we will see if he hits the table sometime.

Also the Teen Titans, finally something i want on my theme Teams. The Artwork is cool and i hope the WOL characters have the same.

First, LOVE the Teen Titans. Super excited to see old school TTs coming, even if it is in the form of OP prizes.

Second, I really like the idea of alt art cards as prizes. When really great cards come out that affect game play, it can be frustrating especially for those who don't have a local scene. Alt art cards are cool, with affecting game play. Kudos WK.

Is it possible to get better images for the wiki? Or at least, can anyone identify the sources of the images?

And I see you've already done so. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    Dang. I completely disagree. I love every one of these art choices.
    The Marvel ones are cool. I really dislike the Teen Titan ones though. Just not my style.

Quote Originally Posted by DigitalFirefly View Post
    The Marvel ones are cool. I really dislike the Teen Titan ones though. Just not my style.

It's not my favorite comic style, but it's classic, so it has that retro flair, and I dig that.

So I just looked carefully at the numbers in the cards. Raven is not a new card, it's an alt-art for an existing card. In fact, it's the same card that already has an alt-art spoiled in GTM, presumed to be the Collector's Box promo.

Love the art on the Titans, is that the Teen Titans Go kit that's been on the retailer assets page for a long time, or something else? I didn't catch the name of the kits in the video. I really want to see some of the crazy stylized art from Go.
    I don't mind an alt art prize, but why not full art? I'd prefer it to be a new card with a new ability, but if not it should be full art to really pop and look special. Just my two cents.

I like them. Ultron does seem on the expensive side, but would be fun to try and work into a team.

Wizkids loves to overcost their fun cards. OH NO WHAT IF SOMEONE ACTUALLY USES THIS CARD?!

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post
    Wizkids loves to overcost their fun cards. OH NO WHAT IF SOMEONE ACTUALLY USES THIS CARD?!
    I don't know about that. But definitely their OP cards, which is a good choice. Err on the side of a good OP card being too expensive. You don't want the OP prizes to start defining the meta. That's not how you encourage new players.

So I am looking at these cards and a couple of things pop out:
    First Ant-man' card number is 35, so it for sure is an alternative art version. So I wonder if this card is going to get passed around as a prize card like Cable Techno-Organic / Beast / Tsarina or if it is going into a Monthly OP kit. I do like the "Movie" artwork it shows, so if it is a prize its pretty damn awesome.

Secondly, Looks similiar with Wasp Bio-Electric Blasts (except it is spelled right) HOWEVER, the M symbol has been replaces with the Age of Ultron Ultron head.

Raven Also has the War of Light Lantern symbol and retains her set listing; while Robin and Starfire have a blue symbol and new numbers, 1 and 2. Similar to Ultron's new 1 number and M symbol.

So, if this means that we are getting OP Prize kits with an Alternative Art card, and maybe 1 - 2 new cards, this seems like this could become a popular reason to continue playing in events and trying to collect cards.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Knight View Post
    Thanks for sharing @Dave . Good to see Wizkids is giving you the cards to preview!
    It is good to see Wizkids support.
    I had the same response to Wasp, "wait they just fixed it with a weird picture... Oh she's HUGE, that's awesome!"

Quote Originally Posted by Wargfn View Post
    So I am looking at these cards and a couple of things pop out:
    First Ant-man' card number is 35, so it for sure is an alternative art version. So I wonder if this card is going to get passed around as a prize card like Cable Techno-Organic / Beast / Tsarina or if it is going into a Monthly OP kit. I do like the "Movie" artwork it shows, so if it is a prize its pretty damn awesome.

Secondly, Looks similiar with Wasp Bio-Electric Blasts (except it is spelled right) HOWEVER, the M symbol has been replaces with the Age of Ultron Ultron head.

Raven Also has the War of Light Lantern symbol and retains her set listing; while Robin and Starfire have a blue symbol and new numbers, 1 and 2. Similar to Ultron's new 1 number and M symbol.

So, if this means that we are getting OP Prize kits with an Alternative Art card, and maybe 1 - 2 new cards, this seems like this could become a popular reason to continue playing in events and trying to collect cards.
    There's a thread here that shows the next 4 OP events over the next 5 months, and what will be included.

Ant-Man is an alt-art, thus the number. The red "M" symbol seems to be a new Marvel "set symbol" for older Marvel sets without icons (i.e. Ant-Man) or OP-exclusive cards (like Ultron). The blue DC symbol is the same, but for DC sets. Any alt-arts from sets with symbols retain those symbols (i.e. Wasp from AoU or Raven from WoL).