Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Invisible Woman

Invisible Woman

Any speculation on when we might get the remaining member of the original Fantastic Four?

Or is she there already and we just can't see her...?

I don't know about any plan, but if you look at one of the Uncanny X-Men collectors box, there seems to be a logo that looks like an invisible woman. It was just never used.

Also, it could just be it is invisible!

Come on guys...that joke is soooo played....

There's a whole new group of Dice Masters players that get to use it now!

If it's some kind of issue between Fox and Marvel, why is Invisible Woman being singled out? I mean, we get Silver Surfer, Deadpool, and two full sets featuring the X-Men prominently; both in cards and in the very title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mariolls View Post
    X-Men is owned by Sony, the others were allowed for the first set, like the rest of the FF.
    Yeah those are Fox ( in movie rights ). And it's not just the first set either. Fox characters were also in the second set and op cards too. And F4 imagery continued to be seen on the second set packaging. Alas, three sets in and still only the Fantastic 3

...wtheck maybe beast is open territory?
    Right? What up with that? So we are still getting Fox characters three sets in, but no IW. They on some Sue Storm hatorade!
    Last edited by SHAZAM!; 08-13-2015 at 07:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by cbone3 View Post
    I didn't see it coming.
    *Applauds*
    But can you see why kids love Cinnamon Toast Crunch?

The utter and complete bombing of the latest Fabtastic Four movie should go a long way towards bring the F4 back into the Marvel fold, which would likely result in Sue Storm being included in Dice Masters. The first thing I saw when I saw the box office returns for its first weekend was, "Sweet! I might finally get my Invisible Woman in DM!"

Actually xmen, are by fox...wtheck maybe beast is open territory?
    Don't forget...we actually got alot more Fox movie rights content in AOU then people realize...

1) Beast, as you suggest

2) Magneto, yes a Zombie version, but still Magneto
    - And...he also mentions Prof X in his card text

3) Gladiator, again a Zombie version, and not sure if he is technically Fox content or not, but he has been largely in the X-universe in the comics, with some cross overs to other titles. His card also implies that we'll get a normal version of him at some point, perhaps that will be in MDM5 next year...doesn't look like he is in the ASM set.
    - And...he mentions Phoenix in his card text

4) Coordinated Strike BAC, don't look now...but is that Cyclops? I think so...

Any others I'm missing?
    Last edited by Meatman; 08-13-2015 at 12:23 PM.

While I would be 100% willing to believe that the movie rights play a part in what can show up in the sets, I'm sure it's a little more complicated than that, and I'm sure that Mar c el/Disney still have a lot of merchandising rights to their characters. But, on the subject of movie rights:

Beast is an X-Man, but has been a member of the Avengers. Not as often as Quicksilver and Scarlet Witch, so probably not very likely to show up in the MCU any time soon. But, because he was an Avenger, it probably give Marvel a little more 'wiggle room' for lack of better terminology.

Gladiator is covered under the X-Men licensing that Fox has the film rights to, since he's a part of the Shi'Ar, and they are to the X-Men line what the Skrull are to the Fantastic Four line.

[insert pedantic joke about Beast never being X-Man]

Yeah...I thought it would have been fun if at least one version of Beast had the Avengers Affiliation.

But all these theories don't really add up when you consider the fact that pretty much every other Fox character shows up EXCEPT Invisible Woman. So, okay, let's assume we are all right about this being a result of the grudge between Fox and Marvel... Why do we still have sets AFTER the fact that still feature X-Men in the very title, F4 imagery on the very package, and a continuing plethora of Fox characters in the game... Except IW? Why is ONLY Invisible Woman excluded?

Quote Originally Posted by SHAZAM! View Post
    But all these theories don't really add up when you consider the fact that pretty much every other Fox character shows up EXCEPT Invisible Woman. So, okay, let's assume we are all right about this being a result of the grudge between Fox and Marvel... Why do we still have sets AFTER the fact that still feature X-Men in the very title, F4 imagery on the very package, and a continuing plethora of Fox characters in the game... Except IW? Why is ONLY Invisible Woman excluded?
    My totally speculative theory. Due to their issues with Fox, Marvel told Wiz Kids they needed to pull the two Fantastic Four cards from UXM right before production. Since the whole set was X-Men focused, they couldn't remove X-men from it. Rather than delay the set and add 2 more cards, they renumbered them and shipped the set without them. They forgot to remove the icons from the collector's box background image. Since then, Marvel told Wiz Kids they can't use Fantastic Four characters anymore, they can still use X-Men characters, but they can't account for more than a few characters per set (ie Beast in AOU). Marvel is encouraging them to focus on properties they control (Guardians, Avengers, Daredevil, Inhumans, etc).

Human Paladin makes for a great Sue Storm proxy. Only issue is that there isn't much good Sue Storm art out there, from what I can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by digitallimit View Post

Human Paladin makes for a great Sue Storm proxy. Only issue is that there isn't much good Sue Storm art out there, from what I can tell.
    Just use a shot of Jessica Alba from "Into the Blue".

Lets add more to the mystery...2 more Xmen characters getting Full Art versions in the latest Rainbow Draft Day promotion (although, I guess the Storm is kinda like a reissue)...and in the one non-Xmen alt art card, Namor...it looks like I see Emma Frost in the Art itself...I think.

Sure seems like there isn't a ban on Fox-Movie-Rights content.
    Last edited by Meatman; 08-15-2015 at 09:19 AM.