Thread: Nightcrawler Circus Freak and Globaltiming

Nightcrawler Circus Freak and Globaltiming

So Nightcrawler - Circus Freaks card says:
    After assigning blockers, knock out one character blocking Nightcrawler (before assigning damage).
    the "(before assigning" damage worries me, but i think it is just a reminder to do his effect before damage occurs, but
    my question is about "when" is his ability triggering and done for?

Example: Nightcrawler attacks and Hulk Jade Giant blocks him.

Will Hulk be KO'd after he was declared as an Blocker for Nightcrawler?

Or will there be a Action Die and Global Timing phase before Nightcrawlers ability is working?

I would say It goes like that.
    Attackers are assigned, then all abilities that require attackers to be assigned trigger. After that Blockers are assigned, again then their abilities are triggered. Now we have a window to use global and action Die abilities. After that all abilities that are triggered before assigning damage well... trigger, including Nightcrawler, or "first strike" from Hawkeye. Finally combat damage is assigned.

I would say, he knocks out Hulk before Globals and Action Die effects. Because the text state "after assigning blockers knockout one character blocking Nightcrawler".
    Like i said, the "( )" i think is a reminder nothing more.
    And i think you mean Hawkeye : Robin Hood?

Otherwise you just write "before damage is assigned" and not in (...) .

Any and all parentheses text is used as a reminder, never as a statement of the rules.

Accordingly, since this ability hinges upon blockers being declared, it triggers when the blockers are declared. There will be no room for action dice or globals before the knockout is applied.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    Any and all parentheses text is used as a reminder, never as a statement of the rules.

Accordingly, since this ability hinges upon blockers being declared, it triggers when the blockers are declared. There will be no room for action dice or globals before the knockout is applied.
    Agreed. If you can make sure characters like Hulk or Jacosta are Nightcrawler's blockers, he makes a fantasric defense against thier abilities. Give him Overcrush...even better...

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Agreed. If you can make sure characters like Hulk or Jacosta are Nightcrawler's blockers, he makes a fantasric defense against thier abilities. Give him Overcrush...even better...

That was my plan^^

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    That was my plan^^
    It also gives you an excuse to use Nightcrawler...some of the most tragically poorly designed cards in the game IMO. His mutant ability of teleportation and intense swash-buckeliness are so appropriate for Dice Masters and his card abilites don't really reflect that. Plus...how is it that none of his cards have the Xmen affiliation and none provide some Xmen tribal bonuses? That is just silliness.

ive tested him, his really a mind player for the opponent. But my Distraction hold him back every time. But without it would be really fun. I think in combination with Wolverine or some other good damage dealer and Overcrush he is really useful.