Thread: Future D&D Sets?

Future D&D Sets?

So I've got a friend the I more or less was able to introduce to Dice Masters because of the existence of the D&D set. With all of the new releases and the upcoming releases he's been getting antsy and wondering when they were going to announce the next D&D set. I attempted to do some research and can't seem to find anything on a future set. Does anyone have any information on possible future releases? Is WizKids just going to let the D&D set die out?

They've not said anything about another D&D set yet, but from what I understand the set sold well enough.

The designers are both massive fans of D&D.

So unless WotC decide to pull the license I should think more D&D sets is pretty much guaranteed.

But given WotC's involvement I expect they will not be released at quite the rate the superhero sets are.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    But given WotC's involvement I expect they will not be released at quite the rate the superhero sets are.
    This.

I wasn't a huge fan of the D&D flavor, but the Basic Actions and some of the mechanics were cool.

The only D&D setting I really dig is Ravenloft. Would be cool to have some Ravenloft action in Dice Masters.

Several months back Eric Lang said on Twitter that he was enjoying working on the second D&D set or something like that. I view that as good as confirmed.

I got an indirect affirmation from Mike Elliott(at Dice Tower Con) that he too was excited for the second DnD set, and that he "may or may not" be hard at work at it.

I wasn't into it a bunch when it came out but grew to love it. Look forward to the next one. And hopefully more swarm

Pure speculation on my part, but:

War of Light (Sept. 2015)
    Amazing Spider Man (I'm guessing early Dec.)
    TMNT (Late January)

THEN...
    In some order
    D&D 2
    DC (Batman)
    Marvel (Civil War)

Anyone who is strictly D&D should rejoice if they only have to cough up the cash for 1 set a year. I'm only into the Marvel and DC sets heavily, and I never feel I get to fully explore a set before some videos spoiling the new set pop up on YouTube 4-6 weeks before the release.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post

TMNT (Late January)

THEN...
    In some order
    D&D 2
    DC (Batman)
    Marvel (Civil War)

Anyone who is strictly D&D should rejoice if they only have to cough up the cash for 1 set a year. I'm only into the Marvel and DC sets heavily, and I never feel I get to fully explore a set before some videos spoiling the new set pop up on YouTube 4-6 weeks before the release.
    I feel ya. I'm in the same boat.

Quote Originally Posted by SirFrankus View Post

TMNT (Late January)

THEN...
    In some order
    D&D 2
    DC (Batman)
    Marvel (Civil War)

Can I say again how thankful I am that TMNT is a boxed set? I'm buying 2 to celebrate!

[QUOTE=littelnoggin;22305]But are they going to do a D&D collectors box, it seems all the other sets have one but D&D[/QU

Yugioh did not have one either.