Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: New Answers at WK

New Answers at WK

[deleted]
    Last edited by Shazam; 08-14-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Good, I ****ing called it too. People argued against me and I knew that Human Paladin should work on Jocasta. Its her CHARACTER ABILITY. Why should the source matter when its her ability of all things.

I've been arguing the same thing since day one, since it was never explicitly stated that it REDIRECTED the damage. It had a step by step process. You would prevent the damage, then you would go ahead and ding the opponent. This reads as a character ability. Now in the case of Nova, it was just a straight forward redirect.

I found the "who is online" list, whilst I was reading the rulings, amusing...

Jocasta is a dumb confusing ruling. I think it's one they had to make so she could be easily countered with Cap (and not so overpowered), but it's very illogical.
    Last edited by pk2317; 08-14-2015 at 03:40 PM. Reason: Positivity

Yeah but that's the problem. It would have been only Captain America. As his ability is good its just not as high and you would need to go out of your way to have him on a team. Human Paladin is useful in two ways (the four cost) which both protects from globals on characters and that Global which is very underused.

Its either Human Paladin or the Common DoomCal breaking actions. Even then that's not reliable because they can pay another action which would KO DoomCal who is a 5 cost btw and then they play mjolnir and I take a possible 5 to 8 damage without protecting myself. With Human Paladin I at least have a chance. Not only does she take that 8 damage (science forbid if there's 2 Jocastas on the field) come at me, she is still kicking on the field unharmed. Without any ways of protecting myself.

Good that Human Paladin is alive.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Jocasta is a dumb ruling. I think it's one they had to make so she could be easily countered with Cap (and not so overpowered), but it's very illogical.
    Yeah.
    I predicted that they would rule it this way.
    But I don't agree with their "it's not a redirect" logic.

And it's going to make interpreting other cards tricky.

In fact, are there any existing cards that are commonly taken to be redirects even though they don't use that work?
    I've a feeling there might be, but can't think of any off the top my head.

I have always made it clear that WizKids made a mistake with Jocasta, now they're fixing that mistake and I couldn't be happier. Human Paladin and Captain America just got a boost from their already touted positions and I have a little more faith that WizKids is actually paying attention to balance.

The Loki interaction is kinda silly, but I really feel they're starting to understand the kind of questions we're asking of their effects and will make sets better going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    The Loki interaction is kinda silly, but I really feel they're starting to understand the kind of questions we're asking of their effects and will make sets better going forward.
    I can't figure out, with the Loki interaction, if she redirects, sorry, takes the 1 damage, reduces it to 0, and then deals 1 to the opponent, or not.

I have asked for clarification though (and also asked about Loki/Hulk in the clarification too).

I am also slightly irritated that, once again, questions that I posted did not get answered.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I can't figure out, with the Loki interaction, if she redirects, sorry, takes the 1 damage, reduces it to 0, and then deals 1 to the opponent, or not.

I have asked for clarification though (and also asked about Loki/Hulk in the clarification too).
    She takes the 1 damage. They're ruling that the damage assignment and effect negation happen together, so her effect is negated by the time the damage resolves.

Given the power and wording of Jocasta, I like the ruling.

Also happy to see they ruled on Loki in a simple, effective way.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    She takes the 1 damage. They're ruling that the damage assignment and effect negation happen together, so her effect is negated by the time the damage resolves.
    But then the Paladin interaction ruling says she takes the damage, reduces it to zero, and then deals an equal amount to the opponent.

All they say in the Loki interaction ruling is that she takes the damage.

I think you are correct, and they are saying there is no separation between the two part of Loki's ability, but that's not as clear as it could be.

I think they contradicted themselves in both rulings. In the first, they quote the rulebook and say "the source remains unchanged" then they change the source with more of the same confusing language.

In the second, they say to resolve as much as possible. Deal one damage, that the target would get to re-duce-rect, but you'd expect to still be taking the hit to the chin to turn her off for the rest of the turn. Same with hulk - you'd expect to take some blowback on the ping, but then he'd be off following the minor fit. It's really not clear why the steps don't resolve in turn.

"Loki making a character lose their abilities is not contigent(sic!!!) on the damage being successful" Nobody argued that it was, in fact, all we cared about was whether it came back in our face before she shut off.

They didn't answer very many questions this round, and these answers are sub-par.

Not to mention laced with typos. See you in 'Septemeber'?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    I am also slightly irritated that, once again, questions that I posted did not get answered.
    Neither mine. I wish we could, like, see them and upvote ones we want answered the most.

This thread is about Human Paladin and Jocasta. Not loki

Conclusion. Human Paladin's Global reduces the damage from Jocasta's ability to 1.

I think this thread is about new answers at WK, actually. One of those happens to relate to Jocasta Loki.

There is a thread about Loki, and also one about human paladin, but discussion of the new rulings is just as welcome here.

[deleted]
    Last edited by Shazam; 08-14-2015 at 02:26 PM.

[deleted]
    Last edited by Shazam; 08-14-2015 at 02:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dmrulesteam
    If you were to not be the active player, there is a chance that something happens to Loki before you're able to use your Global Ability.

What do they mean by this?

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    What do they mean by this?
    I think they mean before you can use Loki's ability.

Well Wonderman just got a bucket load better

The text in the second sentence in Wonder Man’s text box is not modified by “When you have less than 11 life.”