Thread: Wonder Woman - Princes Diana vs Breath Weapon

Breath Weapon is ability damage that happens when a dragon is assigned to attack, so I would say yes.

You need a total of 3 for your side kicks to become invincible which is during the attack and blocking step. With only wonder woman out and another Justice League character out, yes your sidekicks would die. If there third is out there, no they are fine. They are invincible during the blocking and attack step. Breath Weapon is during the attack step.

As it says for Breath Weapon, Pay ___ to deal ___ damage to your opponent and your characters. Sidekicks are fine during the attack step.

Wonder woman only Requires her and one other JL character. Her ability doesn't state 2 OTHER JLA characters, simply two JLA characters.

I assumed 3 in total. I didnt think it was based on just wonder woman not counting.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam View Post
    Breath Weapon is ability damage that happens when a dragon is assigned to attack, so I would say yes.
    It does not matter that it is ability damage.

Her card text says "...your Sidekicks take no damage from attacking or blocking characters" not "...your Sidekicks take no damage from combat".

That said, who knows how it's meant to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    That said, who knows how it's meant to work.
    Reminds me of an elderly gentleman I once taught in a community computer class. He was stuck because he couldn't find the 'any' key to press to continue.

Hell going off that wording -
    Dragon attacks - You block with an Iron Man (it doesnt matter) and not with a side kick, Dragon does breath weapon - Side kicks stay alive as long as there is Wonder Woman and another JL character

You don't even need the Iron Man to block the Dragon.

Breath Weapon is triggered when the Dragon is assigned to attack.

So, have an SK, Wonder Woman, and another JL character fielded, they assign Dragon to attack and trigger Breath Weapon, SK survives, block Dragon with SK.

Yeah, I don't imagine that Wonder Woman's ability is intended to negate breath weapon or other abilities but there's nothing there that specifies that it's from combat or non-combat damage so I have to agree that SKs are safe in this case.