Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Article: Rainbow Draft Weekend Coming September 19-20!

Oh No...looks like @Osprey has got some more work to do...!

And now I need to find a store in Ontario that is participating!

Sigh... I like the idea in theory but the if fact that it only seems like stores that use the WES a lot will be able to get these is true, then I have a problem. I've been running events for the store for a while and we've tried the WES, but it only works maybe 10% of the time. This'll be a chunk out my wallet and trades for sure in that scenario.

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    If I can get it buddy, if I can get it. I'll do my absolute best.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Sigh... I like the idea in theory but the if fact that it only seems like stores that use the WES a lot will be able to get these is true, then I have a problem. I've been running events for the store for a while and we've tried the WES, but it only works maybe 10% of the time. This'll be a chunk out my wallet and trades for sure in that scenario.
    I can't say I have ever seen a problem with WES, what kind of problems did you run into?

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Alex Ross art...*happy sigh*
    Isn't that so awesome?!

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Isn't that so awesome?!
    Has @RJRETRO seen the Namor yet? I hear he's a fan ;-)

I can't say I have ever seen a problem with WES, what kind of problems did you run into?
    The program will crash, freeze, lose tournament data, pair people who have already played each other round 1 with each other again in round 3 during an 8 person tournament, attempt to end large tournaments after a 2-3 rounds with multiple ties, you name it, we've had a problem with it. We either use a pen and paper and have a store employee make arbitrary pairings somehow, or use the Mantis system for swiss pairings, originally intended for Yugioh Tournaments, the software works really well.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    The program will crash, freeze, lose tournament data, pair people who have already played each other round 1 with each other again in round 3 during an 8 person tournament, attempt to end large tournaments after a 2-3 rounds with multiple ties, you name it, we've had a problem with it. We either use a pen and paper and have a store employee make arbitrary pairings somehow, or use the Mantis system for swiss pairings, originally intended for Yugioh Tournaments, the software works really well.

Agreed on some strange pairings and we have had one player get two byes in a game, but when we adjusted the lineups it seem to work well.

Agreed on some strange pairings and we have had one player get two byes in a game, but when we adjusted the lineups it seem to work well.
    Either way, I'm going to try to make sure I can get this event for the store, as I'm sure many people would love to come participate, and it could be a good way to build the local community even further.

Is Cable the first character to have two different Alt Art cards?

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Has @RJRETRO seen the Namor yet? I hear he's a fan ;-)
    Thanks for thinking of me! Looks great!

God I want that Joker !!!!!!!!!!!!! of course he is one per kit...

Quote Originally Posted by Meatman View Post
    Is Cable the first character to have two different Alt Art cards?
    Yes and no. The Wizkids prize Cable is Techno-Organic Virus (the Uncommon), this one is actually the Rare (Time Traveler).

As yet unreleased, Raven - Rachel Roth from War of Light has a full-art (Collector's Box promo?) and an alternate art from the upcoming Teen Titans OP kit - all of the same (Common) card.

I'm just throwing this out there - If/when I get a blank Batmobile card, I'm gonna get Tim Sale to draw on it at Emerald City Comic-Con :-)

The owner of my favorite FLGS was asking how to get involved. They totally are already in the WES, and have all kinds of ordered more than the minimum required from his distributor. In fact, I've probably accounted for the minimum required purchased all by myself. Will it just be available (probably next week) thru that distribution company?
    Last edited by OddballNarwhal; 08-15-2015 at 06:32 PM.

Page says that selections will be made by August 17th. It seems like the distributor will be contacting the selected stores?

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    I've been on the phone for a while today, no guarantees yet unfortunately. We'll have to see where it goes.