Thread: Retaliation Ruling

Retaliation Ruling

Can we agree that the latest rulings are not infallible?

Quote Originally Posted by mrbauble
    Superman - Kal el and Cyborg - Exceptionally Gifted are the two cards we'll use

2) I have 2 Cyborg dice and a Superman dice on the field. Both of my cyborg dice get KOd, first one, then the other one at a time. How much damage will my opponent be taking?
    Quote Originally Posted by dmrulesteam
    2) Your opponent will take 1 damage, twice, for 2 damage total.
    This is incorrect. The original question asked what happens when they are KO'd individually. When the first Cyborg dies, there are two triggers (one from the remaining Cyborg, one from Superman); when the second dies there is one trigger, from Superman.
    Opponent takes: 3 damage.

The opponent only takes 2 damage if both Cyborgs are KO'd simultaneously.

Correct!

Retaliation: If an affiliated Character is KO'd, deal 1 damage to an opposing player.
    2 Retalier alive and 1 of 3 JL is KOd = 2 damage per Card. Next one = 1 Damage
    Sum up: 3 Damage

I think the ruler misunderstood and thought both Cyborgs were KOd by combat damage in the same turn. Thats actually how I originally read it, and thus thought there was nothing wrong with the ruling, since combat damage resolves simultaneously, neither Cyborg would be active when the other was KOd.

However, if one cyborg is KOd becuase of some noncombat effect, then the other later in the same turn...totally agree...3 damage.

This ruling just confirms something I have been saying for ages, Retaliation, and Teamwatch by extension, only trigger off different characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankholdup View Post
    This ruling just confirms something I have been saying for ages, Retaliation, and Teamwatch by extension, only trigger off different characters.
    It absolutely does not confirm that. Look at item #3. 2 Cyborgs and 1 Superman are KO'd, with 1 Superman in the field to deal 3 damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Randy View Post
    It absolutely does not confirm that. Look at item #3. 2 Cyborgs and 1 Superman are KO'd, with 1 Superman in the field to deal 3 damage.
    Wow I did not read that part. This is insane. The lack of consistency is going to ruin this game for competitive play, I think we can all agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankholdup View Post
    Wow I did not read that part. This is insane. The lack of consistency is going to ruin this game for competitive play, I think we can all agree on that.
    Apart from the one answer that is likely just them misreading the question, the ruling is entirely consistent with previous rulings.

I think only attack with both Cyborgs, both KO, and Superman is on the field and trigger 2 retaliation, one for each die. 2 damage