Thread: Similar to Blue Eyes

Similar to Blue Eyes

Are there any cards in the Marvel or DC sets that function similar to "Blue Eyes?" What cards have the capability to knock your own character out?

BAC - Crush Card Virus from YGO (yeah not DC and Marvel)

You knockout one of your characters and you can knockout a opposing character same or higher level with it.
    Combined with Grundy Rare you have double Spot removal.

Unfortunately, the only thing close in Marvel, is Norman Osborne, and he only knocks out Sidekicks.

This niche that the BEWDGlobal fills is what make this rare worth so much on the secondary market.

Thanks gang. Yeah, basically I'm looking for something to work with Solomon Grundy's rare, but I really only play with the Marvel and DC sets so far. Maybe War of Light or Amazing Spider-Man will provide another option. Thanks again for clearing that up. I Just wanted to make sure there wasn't something I'm missing.

Aside from crush card virus there really are no other useful ways that are not BEWD.
    That saying you could go for a quite interesting shields team by using Grundy, and Sangan in combination with Crash card virus.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktor Makowski View Post
    Aside from crush card virus there really are no other useful ways that are not BEWD.
    That saying you could go for a quite interesting shields team by using Grundy, and Sangan in combination with Crash card virus.
    Fun bit is, in real Yugioh Sangan is meant to pull off an absurd combo with Crush Card Virus. A combo so absurd that the original Crush Card Virus has been banned for a decade, and Sangan has been banned since 2011. RIP THE DREAM

The uncommon Purple Worm also has a way to KO characters. I thought of using Grundy and Purple worm. Attack with worm, KO grundy dealing damage based on his level and then KO something else. Purple Worm also has overcrush so you can pump him up to deal more damage.

Basing a combo on 5 and 7 cost. That's really a late game combo. A combo that comes so late in game, and at that cost should win the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiktor Makowski View Post
    Basing a combo on 5 and 7 cost. That's really a late game combo. A combo that comes so late in game, and at that cost should win the game.
    9 points (depending on what else you have out in the field) could be considered game winning

Looking at the combo in the vacuum, I dont think there is enough information to say if it is viable or not

But it could work with the right support

It does not have the KO portion but for the cost reduction I've been thinking about Booster Gold on my team. BLWD would be preferred but but so far I've had no luck pulling one.

Was thinking I'd field early and then when I need a couple extra energy go ahead and add him to my roll.

Would work too but since it only lowers the cost by 1 I think the 2 potential energy from Glory-Seeking Showboat is a bit better.

Having it ready to use when you need it is definitely the biggest pro of using this one.

This only lowers costs by 1, but it also adds a die for the next turn, so that's a potential gain of 3 energy over 2 turns with the limitation of what kind of die you can purchase with the initial discount.

Guys, I never said it was viable. It was just an idea I had once. I do run Grundy and Purple worm in a team but it be last option.

If the idea is to use Grundy for spot removal then there is a way that I actually used in a JL draft to great success.

As long as it's not on the double burst, you can knock out Grundy and have him knock out an opposing character die and have him prepped for your next turn.

It's obviously not as on demand as BEG, but it's workable.

This will KO Grundy everytime, in addition to KOing most of your opponents villians as well. You could then take out any other opposing character you wish with the Grundy ability...and there you have it...board clear.

Guys, you completely diverted from what was originally what the OP said.
    Cards that function like Blue Eyes by knocking out your OWN characters

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Guys, you completely diverted from what was originally what the OP said.
    Cards that function like Blue Eyes by knocking out your OWN characters
    OP is looking for a way to KO Grundy. I'm not sure how my solution is diverting from that goal.

Quote Originally Posted by Bankholdup View Post
    OP is looking for a way to KO Grundy.
    It's not in his original question, but revealed in his first follow up response.

No, the original was a way to KO your own characters. Not just Grundy.

Purple Worm is more off topic than Lantern Power Ring or Mjolnir.

Just saying.

:P