Thread: Article: Reading the Rainbow Age of Ultron Draft Episode 9 The Champ

Article: Reading the Rainbow Age of Ultron Draft Episode 9 The Champ

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Can't wait to hear what others might do. Despite the abundance of draft must haves, I felt like the choices were made for me. Hard and easy at the same time. The thing that locked in Loki for me was the dice count. Getting one of the 3 and knowing I would probably only see Loki in one or two matches made him the best option.

Honestly, talking through this live with @Shadowmeld was remarkably fun. I recommend taking the time to mock draft in advance of your local events. If you get a feed, open packs in 6s and go through the whole thing with this mindset. The reps will help make decision making in live events easier for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Can't wait to hear what others might do. Despite the abundance of draft must haves, I felt like the choices were made for me. Hard and easy at the same time. The thing that locked in Loki for me was the dice count. Getting one of the 3 and knowing I would probably only see Loki in one or two matches made him the best option.

Honestly, talking through this live with @Shadowmeld was remarkably fun. I recommend taking the time to mock draft in advance of your local events. If you get a feed, open packs in 6s and go through the whole thing with this mindset. The reps will help make decision making in live events easier for sure.
    I agree, it's been really good to think through each of these and then compare with Shadowmeld.

Since the best part of the Drone for Jocasta IS the Global, then Loki is probably the best first pick out of the 2nd pack. Besides, if you can leave a draft with a Jocasta SR, you've pretty much already won for the day... no matter how well you do in the draft. To be super baller (as the kids say), show everyone that you drafted the SR Jocasta, then DO NOT use her. If you win, stories will be sung about your dicey dicey prowess. If you lose, well, you should have used Jocasta.

Quote Originally Posted by OddballNarwhal View Post
    Since the best part of the Drone for Jocasta IS the Global, then Loki is probably the best first pick out of the 2nd pack. Besides, if you can leave a draft with a Jocasta SR, you've pretty much already won for the day... no matter how well you do in the draft. To be super baller (as the kids say), show everyone that you drafted the SR Jocasta, then DO NOT use her. If you win, stories will be sung about your dicey dicey prowess. If you lose, well, you should have used Jocasta.
    That is hilarious!
    I will be working in the phrase "Well, you should have used Jocasta."
    People will be so confused.

Try taking Jocasta to a constructed AoU and not buying her and see the reactions you get from that...

Like I told you Isaac, Mind Games win games. Plus Natasha is just such a beast!

Quote Originally Posted by IsaacBV View Post
    Try taking Jocasta to a constructed AoU and not buying her and see the reactions you get from that...
    Totally not prepping for the draft this weekend... hope I pull her ;0)

Quote Originally Posted by cnhiggins View Post
    Totally not prepping for the draft this weekend... hope I pull her ;0)
    There are some fun win cons in that set for sure!