Thread: Field Leader Wording

Field Leader Wording

Human Torch - Johnny Storm

While Human Torch is active, each time you field a character, Human Torch deals 1 damage to your opponent and one to a target character (not 1 damage per Human Torch die).

OR

Pepper Potts canít attack. When fielded, spin down up to two target enemy characters by one level. If your Iron Man is active, deal them 1 damage as well.

Cyclops - Field Leader

While Cyclops is active, whenever one of your [Bolt] characters deals damage, increase that damage by one (no matter how many Cyclops dice you have fielded).

Scenario 1 - Field Leader and Johnny Storm is active - You field a character. How much total damage you can do? 4 or 3? since Adjustments can only be done 1 per ability, but the wording for Field Leader is kinda confusing.

Scenario 2 - Field Leader, Iron Man is active - you field Pepper Potts - does Pepper Potts deals 2 damage on both targets?

When on a character card is written "deal"(i will not search the thread in the WK forum, but he is there!) it means that your characters deal this damage to the target or whatever is written on the card.
    So Johnny Storm will deal 2 Damage to opponent and 2 Damage to a target character if you field something.
    Pepper Potts would deal 2 damage to both target characters if you have a Iron Man active on the field too.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Its double for everything.
    What he means is, that in this case the 1 Damage the Characters would deal are doubled from 1 to 2(or 1+1=2).

Ok......its double for everything. Why are you correcting me when I'm agreeing? Field leaders deals more 1 more for anything that is a bolt. So its double in this case.

Cyclops and Human Torch are slightly different, in that Cyclops increases the amount of damage that another character does, while Human Torch does the damage himself. Subtle difference, but sometimes the source of damage matters if there is interaction with other effects.

Scenario 1 - Human Torch himself does 2 danage to opponent and 2 damage to target character. (1 damage from his own ability, abd an exta 1 because of Cyclops effect)

Scenario 2 - Pepper Pots deals 2 damage herself to each target character.

Ok......its double for everything. Why are you correcting me when I'm agreeing? Field leaders deals more 1 more for anything that is a bolt. So its double in this case.
    Just saying "It's double for everything" is unclear and ambiguous.

@Ressless was not "correcting" you, he was adding clarity and removing ambiguity.

In other words, he was agreeing with and supporting your statement with additional information.

Just because someone quotes you it does not mean they are either disagreeing with or correcting you.

They may simply be given their post context.

Shouldn't it be that Johnny Storm should resolve his effect completely (deal damage to both opponent and character) before Field Leader can say.. "Yep, let me give you one additional damage.."?? Because from that perspective, it wouldn't be 2 damage to the opponent and 2 damage to a character, but 2 damage to the opponent or character and just 1 to the other?

This has been debated a couple of times amongst our friends and I am one of those who believe that Field Leader can only add 1 additional damage (instead of +1 to opponent, and +1 to character) per trigger of Johnny Storms effect because of the Jade Giant - Force Beam interaction in the Dice Masters FAQ.

Just to quote the first part of it:

Q: If a card effect is triggered multiple time by the same game effect, does the card effect happen multiple times as a result?
    No, just once.
    Last edited by jazrock_13; 08-18-2015 at 11:06 AM.

There is no clear ruling on this.

And this is another instance of where I have explicitly asked for clarification on the rules forum and never received a reply.

Alright, double everything is ambiguous. It deals one extra for all bolts.

I would just do this in steps. You field pepper potts, she spins down characters first (when fielded effect comes first), then Johnny Storm kicks in dealing one damage to the opponent and a characters, and 2 damage for the Pepper Potts from Iron being present. THEN, field Leader kicks in and deals one extra for everything.

I would just do this in steps. You field pepper potts, she spins down characters first (when fielded effect comes first), then Johnny Storm kicks in dealing one damage to the opponent and a characters, and 2 damage for the Pepper Potts from Iron being present. THEN, field Leader kicks in and deals one extra for everything.
    That is incorrect. The extra 1 damage (each time) from Cyclops is not him dealing 1 damage in addition to the other damage. He increases the damage by 1 each time.

So if you have Johnny Storm and Field Leader in the field, and you field a Sidekick, say, then Johnny Storm deals 2 damage to the opponent and 2 damage to a character.

In the end wouldn't it still be the same? Just dealing one more? 2 to a character and 2 to the player?

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0x17 View Post
    So if you have Johnny Storm and Field Leader in the field, and you field a Sidekick, say, then Johnny Storm deals 2 damage to the opponent and 2 damage to a character.
    It's important to note that this has been a point of contention, and we have had no official ruling from WK that Torch would deal 2+2 damage in this case or 2+1.

Well from Logic Standpoint, if there is in the text not "and" or "everyone" i would think your right with 2+1.

Like "When fielded, deal 1 damage for each XYZ Character" there would be only +1 Damage i think.

But like the text is on Johnny Storm i would take as 1 and 1 Damage.
    It is one effect and source, but two single pings here.

The way this plays out in my head is that Human Torch is a guy with 2 hand guns and Cyclops is holding a single bullet for him..

Pepper Potts with Iron Man, on the other hand, has a shotgun that hits 2 characters and Cyclops is holding a single shell for her.. lol XP

In the end wouldn't it still be the same? Just dealing one more? 2 to a character and 2 to the player?
    No. If each 2 damage is two lots of 1 damage from two different sources, then it triggers stuff like Hulk twice. Or needs reducing/redirecting twice. But they're not, they're each one lot of 2 damage from a single source.