Thread: Vassal World Cup

Vassal World Cup

O.k Guys

I am gotten the go ahead to run a Vassal world cup

It is going to be split up into 2 parts
    Qualifiers - the Players will be placed in to pools of 4 and the top 2 from each pool will move onto the finals
    Finals - top 64 players will play off in a best of 3 Match, single elimination

Now to work out the format the player base want, and this is where you guys (the players) come in. I need your input - http://goo.gl/forms/QVSckljRw5

You can look at the results here - https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
    Last edited by Bestia; 08-19-2015 at 12:27 AM.

I like this idea, but I think that you would be better served using a different voting system. A "first past the post" system doesn't really represent the will of the voters, so instead you should used a ranked voting system.

CGP Grey has a few short and very educational videos on the matter and I think it's important to use a voting system that will make the most people happy instead of offering the chance for an upset in the voting.

@Necromanticer

Do you listen to Hello Internet by any chance? Posting a video like that and not mentioning my favourite podcast ever (sorry trp) would be very naughty.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    @Necromanticer

Do you listen to Hello Internet by any chance? Posting a video like that and not mentioning my favourite podcast ever (sorry trp) would be very naughty.
    I tried to keep up with it, but I couldn't get into it. I love CGP Grey and I especially love Brady [I've spent far too many hours binging his videos), but there's something about the two together that doesn't grab me.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    I tried to keep up with it, but I couldn't get into it. I love CGP Grey and I especially love Brady [I've spent far too many hours binging his videos), but there's something about the two together that doesn't grab me.
    Huh, that surprises me, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Huh, that surprises me, I don't think I've ever heard anyone say that before lol.
    It surprises me too. I'm a fan of both of their works and podcasts in general, but the combination just wasn't for me...

Thanks for the Video

But since this is just to get a rough idea what people want to play, Popular vote (or first past the post) will do

There will be other factors such as how close is it to regional season how many people responded (Cause currently it is 16) ect ect that will go into this decision

I could already see this go wrong.

Ive played some people on Vassal and I want to bang my head when they miss some of the most important steps, one of them being giving me priority to do something on their turn.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I could already see this go wrong.

Ive played some people on Vassal and I want to bang my head when they miss some of the most important steps, one of them being giving me priority to do something on their turn.
    Thanks for the positivity - Keep up that can do attitude

I never said I was positive.

If it works, congratulations. As for me, Ill steer clear away from this.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    I never said I was positive.

If it works, congratulations. As for me, Ill steer clear away from this.
    SO what was the point of commenting (now twice) on a thread that you want to "steer clear away"

I wanted to read up on what you said. I'm looking at this through a realistic view. Like a I do with everything.

Another thing that is difficult. The word 'World'

The world is a giant place. If you can pull off a world tournament on Vassal, I'd be very impressed. But considering this is online, the mass amount of people talking through one headset or text is .... I cant remember the word but I'll remember it.

If this is just in the US on Vassal, I would say there's a better chance for a start. Starting small then to that build up. Get that experience running an online tournament. I've seen it in Street Fighter and Smash online tournaments. It's a very difficult thing to do.

Kudos to you if you pull a world tournament on Vassal.

Well since I have already run an X-Wing Vassal tournament via Vassal crossing 4 time zones, as well as assist with the X-Wing Galactic Cup which had 138 players from all across the world -

I think it is as attitude that will kill this

Alright, then Kudos to you pulling that off. Good luck running this one then. I give you all my positivity (not a real word but you get the point) to running a successful one again.

Will you be implementing TO's for official rulings?

*steers conversation back*

I voted for Little Cup because I think it will inspire more creativity and less reliance on the heavy "meta" cards (that tend to be of higher rarity).

I agree with that
    I have never made a little cup team but it is one if the most simplistic deck formats to build.

Well my thinking is - Unless there is an OVER whelming majority (IE 75% or more) that wants it constructed, to check with people when their regional season starts - and if we are close to it now, go with constructed so people can start testing out their teams for their regionals, if it is no where near it, run a little cup for this one, and a constructed for the next one