Thread: Speculation - Zombie Magneto

Speculation - Zombie Magneto

Thought experiment:

My opponent has a Magneto die fielded. I have a Zombie Magneto that I want to field.

I don't want to KO his Magneto, because he has Black Manta: Deep Sea Deviant with Retaliation active and I don't want to take the damage.

Could I use the Infiltrate Basic Action to give the Zombie Affiliation to my opponent's Magneto, protecting him from my Zombie Magneto's KO ability?

Relevant card texts:

Quote Originally Posted by Magneto: Magnetic Monster
    When fielded, KO all non-[Zombie] Magnetos.
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Manta: Deep Sea Deviant
    Retaliation - If one of your Villains is KO'd, deal 1 damage to your opponent for each of your active Villains.
    Quote Originally Posted by Infiltrate
    Target character gets +3D and gains one team affiliation of your choice until end of turn.

I don't see any reason why not.

Zombie is an affiliation.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    Creative. Interesting. I would have to agree that is possible! Makes me wonder when we'll get the ability to strip a character of affiliations...

Did you forget that 3 cost purchases lose their stats while Zombie Magneto is active? That would kill Black Manta effect

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Did you forget that 3 cost purchases lose their stats while Zombie Magneto is active? That would kill Black Manta effect
    I did, actually - I was just trying to think of a situation where you don't want to KO one of your opponent's characters. You could just as easily say you don't want to give him the extra energy in his Prep Area.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I did, actually - I was just trying to think of a situation where you don't want to KO one of your opponent's characters. You could just as easily say you don't want to give him the extra energy in his Prep Area.
    Maybe we will see more Character Manipulation where you want that your character attacks from the other side the field like a Storm(4) Cost lets reroll and then returns to your field after attacking and hopefully you have a full prep area.^^(stupid idea but nails it^^)
    Last edited by Ressless; 08-21-2015 at 03:51 PM.

Well, it would definitely KO black manta and with infiltration it would keep the other Magneto on the field.

Zombie Magneto would not KO Black Manta.

This line keeps confusing me
    "Zombie - When fielded, KO all non- Magnetos in the field."

Blog Entries
    You know, I haven't played with a retaliation team in a while and I totally forgot this too.

This line keeps confusing me
    "Zombie - When fielded, KO all non- Magnetos in the field."
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=7754

The Zombies have the same name as their non-Z counterparts. They KO the non-Z versions of themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    Creative. Interesting. I would have to agree that is possible! Makes me wonder when we'll get the ability to strip a character of affiliations...
    Nice...I like that idea. How about this...

Mutany
    Basic Action Card
    3 Cost

Name a character. All fielded dice from that character loose all affiliations until end of turn. (Affects both players if they have the same character)
    * You may select a second character
    ** You may select a second character and also give -1D to all fielded dice of selected characters

Actually...maybe a Basic Action Card is not the best way to do it. Generally speaking, affiliations come into play more often for the active player, alot of "when fielded" affects utilize affilitions...so the utility to strip affiliations would probably be better for defensive purposes to be used by the Inactive player.

Maybe a Continuous Non-Basic Action that could be placed in your field zone and activated in the Clear and Draw step...that way it could be used at the start of a turn by either the active or inactive player.
    Last edited by Meatman; 08-21-2015 at 05:21 PM.

Infiltrate may be my favorite card these days, it just makes so many more things possible with affiliation in every set, and it can be used offensively as well as defensively.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IgwanaRob View Post
    Infiltrate may be my favorite card these days, it just makes so many more things possible with affiliation in every set, and it can be used offensively as well as defensively.
    When it was spoiled it was immediately my favorite mechanic/ability in the set.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwduck View Post
    I never thought about using infiltrate on my opponents characters before. The thought I have now is giving my opponents characters the monster affiliation, and maybe getting some use out of adventurers finally.
    Totally doable, but you're also giving them +3D at the same time, making them harder to KO :-)

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Totally doable, but you're also giving them +3D at the same time, making them harder to KO :-)
    There are ways to KO characters that don't involve dealing them damage equal to or greater than their defence though of course...

Of course but it's still "harder" as a general rule.

Using the monster infiltrate on the next TPA,keep your ears out for it.

Gamora for KO ability.

GAFG to force them to block Gamora.

Paladin to stop them using GAFG on you, and as an experience gainer.

Loki to turn their Paladin off.

Kobolds for swarm/fists.

Pepper for bolts.

RDG or Elf Wizard to reduce cost of Infiltrate

Elf Wizard or Zemo to cycle Infiltrate.

Infiltrate and another BAC (perhaps Distraction if using EW).

Off the top of my head.

I was thinking of something similar but for my drone team

Anger Issues and Infiltrate for BAC

Ultron Drone and Ultron for primary offense

Gamora for KO ability with Drone global

Human Paladin to keep my opponents for using Drone's global against me, and back up win condition in case of Magneto Zombie

Trying to decide between Loki and Prismatic Spray to deal with Jinzo and Captain America

Kobold for Swarm and fists

Red Dragon for global

And Beast for fists and life gain