Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: How exactly are you all running Rainbow Draft Weekend?

  1. #1

    How exactly are you all running Rainbow Draft Weekend?

    The way it's worded is so odd, in that it mentions each player receives "one die, with two promotional cards, along with the prize cards, etc..." but also just says "event," not mentioning two separate drafts or anything, but I feel like I need to do two separate drafts for the Marvel and DC prize kits separately, which is the plan.

    My worry is how I'm going to enter it into the Wizkids Event System. Normally, after one draft is finished, I push finalize, and then the event is finished. I'm worried if I'll be able to open a second Rainbow Draft Weekend event to enter the results, for the 2x ranking points, or if I'll have to continue the first draft and just make it six rounds, or what?

    How are you all planning on this? Any clues otherwise?

    http://wizkids.com/dicemasters/rainbow-draft-weekend/ - For Reference

  2. #2

  3. #3
    Winner gets an OP card and a participation OP card with their 5 dollar entry booster packs of their choice. All the other participants get a participation OP card. Depending on the amount of people, 2nd gets 4 booster packs of their choice. 3rd gets 3 boosters and everyone else gets 2.

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Oh
    We play on Sundays. Used to be Saturdays but Sundays are open for a couple of the other players.
    We do draft one week
    Then Constructed
    Draft and so on. I think at the end of the month we supposed to do a game day for players. Just play and teach.
    Hopefully I can set up some rig so we can record our games.

  6. #6
    Does the absence of the" Rainbow Draft Weekend Event" from WES mean that my local store is currently ineligible?
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rbdraft.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	143.7 KB 
ID:	2710

  7. #7
    Scroll down to "R"

    It's under "Rainbow Draft Weekend" not "Dice Masters Rainbow Draft Weekend"

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    Scroll down to "R"

    It's under "Rainbow Draft Weekend" not "Dice Masters Rainbow Draft Weekend"
    Thanks Indy! Unfortunately I do not have this entry in my list either.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rbdraft1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	2711

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    Thanks Indy! Unfortunately I do not have this entry in my list either.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rbdraft1.jpg 
Views:	60 
Size:	206.9 KB 
ID:	2711
    Your store probably has to have already have been selected by Wizkids, or else people would still "claim" to run it somewhere, or bootleg a prize kit, whatever, and obviously a company with a copyright doesn't want that.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RainbowDraftWeekend.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	316.0 KB 
ID:	2713
    Last edited by SlapsterMcFlash; 08-26-2015 at 12:50 PM.

  10. #10
    If this is the case, I'll definitely consider this a rather large blunder on Wizkid's part. If you want to draw people in with unique prize support, your event need to be accessible. I hope in the future they realize this and work on improving their current systems, because getting any relevant information from my sources hasn't been easy.

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    If this is the case, I'll definitely consider this a rather large blunder on Wizkid's part. If you want to draw people in with unique prize support, your event need to be accessible. I hope in the future they realize this and work on improving their current systems, because getting any relevant information from my sources hasn't been easy.
    Has your store been reached out to by Wizkids/reached out to them and heard back? Because if not, there's no chance you can participate by this point, I don't think.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Has your store been reached out to by Wizkids/reached out to them and heard back? Because if not, there's no chance you can participate by this point, I don't think.
    Not that I've seen, no. We meet all the requirements as well. I'll keep trying though, of course.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Not that I've seen, no. We meet all the requirements as well. I'll keep trying though, of course.
    What is your understanding of the requirements?

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    What is your understanding of the requirements?
    From what I've seen, the store needs to have ordered a certain amount of product, and has to be actively using/scheduling with the WES.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Osprey View Post
    Not that I've seen, no. We meet all the requirements as well. I'll keep trying though, of course.
    It's Canada, they just posted this on FB in response to another Canadian complaining:

    Hi Alice, we are working with distributors to make these events global but distribution takes longer and is more complicated when spreading outside the US. Retailers in Canada receive their product from different distributors- not the same as the US stores. We will announce our intentions for expanding these events once plans are finalized but the date will be later, similar to how all National/Regional events are on different days in different countries.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    It's Canada, they just posted this on FB in response to another Canadian complaining:

    Hi Alice, we are working with distributors to make these events global but distribution takes longer and is more complicated when spreading outside the US. Retailers in Canada receive their product from different distributors- not the same as the US stores. We will announce our intentions for expanding these events once plans are finalized but the date will be later, similar to how all National/Regional events are on different days in different countries.
    I don't use facebook, so it would have been very easy to miss this. Thanks pk for the great find, this gives us a chance at getting it then!

  17. #17
    I only happened to notice it as a reply on their SLCC Regional Tournament post (not an obvious place).

  18. #18
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    It's Canada, they just posted this on FB in response to another Canadian complaining:

    Hi Alice, we are working with distributors to make these events global but distribution takes longer and is more complicated when spreading outside the US. Retailers in Canada receive their product from different distributors- not the same as the US stores. We will announce our intentions for expanding these events once plans are finalized but the date will be later, similar to how all National/Regional events are on different days in different countries.
    Found it. Thanks!

  19. #19
    For anyone else, here's the link:

    https://www.facebook.com/events/1476150586036341/

    Under the comments for the "Wizkids created this event"

  20. #20
    Under the Participation information (with regards to the retailer hosting the event) from the Wizkids Rainbow Draft Weekend website it states:

    Purchase Requirement:
    Qualifying purchase product may be any in-stock Dice Masters Gravity Feeds that have been released before the date of June 1st, 2015
    Does this mean that the AoU and WoL (assuming it has been released) will not be eligible for draft for this specific event?

  21. #21

  22. #22

  23. #23

  24. #24
    The first article fairly criticized the event for requiring only old stock. That just makes it feel like an excuse to move old product rather than some spiffy new event. But otherwise the article can across as an unfair hit piece from a guy why has an ax to grind.

    I agree with WizKids. This isn't for all stores. If you can't justify it then don't do it. My store is one of the ones that has already exceeded the initial kit capacity and the store owner needed the older sets replenished anyway. Win win. So I get some of the sentiment in the first article, but the tone and many of the secondary issues (the game is shrinking? Maybe for him but it is objectively growing both in the states and internationally) just comes across sour grapes.

  25. #25
    In my FLGS we have people constantly buying from old sets. As we add new players they want the old sets. Myself, I'm still trying to finish out my D&D and YGO sets. We are consistently out of D&D, so I'll be glad when it is restocked.

    My store owner got us in, so it apparently isn't a problem for us. We don't have a large group, but we buy a lot of product. And over the last few months we've run low key events pretty consistently using the Wizkids system.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •