Thread: NOOB playing with Fire

NOOB playing with Fire

Like many of you here, I enjoy playing this game immensely, but, I'm just no good at it... until this little team I put together myself. Sure, I have a few descent lists, put together by my good friend Zephender, but I digress. The team I have built is this;
    BEAST Bouncing Blue Beast:3
    BLACK WIDOW Natasha:3
    ROCKET RACCOON "Blam! Murdered You":2
    RED TORNADO Lab Creation:2
    PUNISHER McRook:2
    GIANT MAN Pym Particles:2
    FIRESTORM Jason and Ronnie:3
    STORM Wild Rider:4
    I use Power bolt and Villainous Pact as my basic actions. What I've seen of this team is on the low end in a fast match, I have awesome aggro. If the match goes long or an opponent can slow it down, I have control from my more expensive cards. I would really like to know what you all think. I myself have had a bit of success, though I still don't think I'm playing it just right. Any input would be most helpful. Thanks!

Well first looking at it, I can see how you win but I can see a lot of ways where I can cut off your options

Lets start with the basic actions. Power bolt? Mmkay, not bad. Its not good but not bad. Doesn't really fit your team unless you're using something that punishes your opponent along with 2 damage but also helps either boost it or its churning.

Like these guys
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	2695

If you plan on using a basic action to help your team, there's polymorph to help your characters. Specifically Giant Man.

Now lets look at villanous pact. Not bad, it helps to prep die. But that's not going to help in the mid match where you will most likely have die prepped. And the biggest major flaw from using that basic action. You do not have ONE villain on this team. They can buy it and use it on you and swing freely with whatever amount of characters they want directly. Resurrection does the same thing by prepping a die but has the possibility in not screwing you over and getting face punched.

Ok then, now on to the theme of the team. I looked it over and I saw your win condition which was Jason and Ronnie. You field your bolt characters and attack with them hopping they get knocked and to re-field them. Not bad and its fun.

Now Im looking for efficiency. Let's start off with Beast and Natasha. What.....are they doing there?
    Black Widow is a cheap 2 cost and supplies you with masks which helps for villainous pact and unless they spin down characters she goes through for free when attacking. Its not bad but its not too good.

Now lets look at beast. He provides cheap fist energy and the possibility of gaining life. It's not bad but doesn't really help with the team. More of a card that was thrown in, right? His fist energy isnt really supplying anything unless you're running anger issues, Drone's Global/Gobblin Attack Force Global or Cone of Cold.

With those two cards, I would go for these two because frankly this is a bolt team. If do not roll any bolts you can use the shields to buy a Phil Coulson. The Shield Agents are a 2 cost bolt which helps supply bolt energy to buy your other bolt characters, field them for Jason and Ronnies damage AND with Phil Coulson it can possibly hurt. Plus the fielding cost isnt too bad. You can swarm with the weenies for all you know. Sidekicks and Shield Agents swarming with DAT BOOST from CoulSON yelling orders in the back.

Name:	63.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	2696Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	2697

Now I'm looking at Rocket and out of all the Rocket Raccoon's the one you picked is my favorite and the most efficient. Powerhouse if you attack with someone. Now I'm looking at the Giant Man and there's a better switch both in sync and the change isn't big. The rare Starhawk. Same four cost mask and you dont have to worry about rolling for that 7/7. Paired with Rocket and attacking with both are just giant damage.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	2698

If you did plan on using Giant Man but with the lack of polymorph, best bet was the uncommon. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	83.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	96.4 KB 
ID:	2701

Now I'm looking at Mcrook. One of my favorite cards. He fits the team being a bolt and possible spot removal but you have Storm to do that. I would honestly switch him out for the rare wasp. Solid card, 3 cost bolt and she can just sit there on the field killing off your opponent slowly if they use global's. It really stalls the game out. Lot of my teams have her on the team.

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2699

Now as for Red Tornado. Solid card (that fielding cost can suck a big one) and helps churn your dice. Bolt character and solid defense. Keep him on there.

Firestorm - Jason and Ronnie. The win condition of the team. He's staying on there.

Storm - Wind Rider. Now she's a pro and con type of character. You field her and your opponent rolls 2 of their characters. If you like gambling to remove characters its not bad. I prefer the rare Solomon Grundy and Blue Eye's combo for removal

Now as for the basic actions. You have your churn (Red Tornado) but with nothing to ramp with. That is where resurrection comes in. You were using villainous pact but that can screw you over because the lack of villains. Resurrection is just prepping a die on your turn. Pact you need to not have anything prepped already.

Now for the second Basic action. The theme are bolts so this one comes into play from what I saw.
    Running bolts with Rocket Raccoon and that rare Starhawk? You have the possibility of overcrush with Horn of the unicorn. Dat burst symbol.

So far here's the look of the new team in my eyes.

Name:	130.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	2698 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2699Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	2700Click image for larger version. 

Name:	60.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	65.3 KB 
ID:	2697Click image for larger version. 

Name:	63.jpg 
Views:	73 
Size:	66.7 KB 
ID:	2696

Bit more efficient right?
    You have your win condition. (Firestorm - Jason and Ronnie)
    Your Churn (Red Tornado - Lab Creation)
    Your Ramp (Resurrection)
    Your Spot Removal (Storm - Wind Rider)
    Your plan B if you cant get your win condition (Rocket + Starhawk + Horn of the unicorn)
    And for some possible small damage to help you stall a bit, the rare Wasp. She really does stall out a game.