Thread: Burning Action

Burning Action

A friend of mine made a deck containing a field control deck using Dr.Strange, Baron Zemo and Prismatic spray. This was the original deck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	2732

And I tried to re-create it to be my own style.

Name:	107.jpg 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	2732 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2733

Pretty straight forward.

My ramp both being Professor X and Kobolds. Kobolds serve 4 purposes. Helps me with Zemo's Global. Helps me with Wasp's Global. Helps me with energy to provide for the Red Dragon if I do purchase him. And of course that possible ramp.
    My removal being the Puzzle
    Win Condition being Dr. Strange and possibly the Red Dragon using Power Bolt and any action dice. Red Dragon for his breath weapon and extra use of double using certain action dice. That Global for my actions to be cheaper. Dr.Strange because of the amount of burn I can possibly do. (Burning Action man)
    Support being Zemo Churning my Action Dice
    Wasp to make sure if they do ramp off my Professor X I tax them along with other globals. Slow's down the game to my advantage.
    Constantine because why not? A good 2 cost off the start. May save me from using too many of my masks for Distraction and my ramp. Stops certain characters from attacking me or just outright doing large damage. Good all around card.

I stepped away from Magic Missile because I do not want that global affecting my Kobolds. Sure I can tax them for 1 life but the Kobolds are important when it comes for that extra energy.

Thousand Dragon is nice but I do want to ping my opponent for 1 speeding up the killing Process. Sure it can be used on me but I have Wasp to make sure it just doesn't affect me.

Prismatic Spray is a good option but I am running Professor X.

I'm not using a lot of action dice but so far it looks pretty solid in my eyes. Think I can make some improvements somewhere?

I made two separate decks using Doctor Strange and Red Dragon. Ill post them up

I havent had anyone to play test them. In one of my decks, Gobble Em up, uses my drones so instead of Distraction I use transfer power. It saves my masks to PXG and none of my characters have high attack power besides Ultron.

I made a team around the same idea too. And mine is a bit different than what I've seen posted in this thread already. So I'll share mine as well.

Name:	avx099-soaring.jpg 
Views:	68 
Size:	368.9 KB 
ID:	2777Click image for larger version. 

Name:	jl046-antihero.jpg 
Views:	67 
Size:	418.2 KB 
ID:	2778Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uxm094-supercomputer.jpg 
Size:	497.1 KB 
ID:	2779Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff032-lesserharper.jpg 
Size:	588.5 KB 
ID:	2780Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou107-thunderbolt.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	386.6 KB 
ID:	2781Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s1058-theeternaldungeon.jpg 
Views:	58 
Size:	682.0 KB 
ID:	2782Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avx073-masterofthemysticarts.jpg 
Views:	64 
Size:	374.1 KB 
ID:	2783Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uxm049-recruitingyoungmutants.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	497.9 KB 
ID:	2784Click image for larger version. 

Name:	avx031-powerbolt.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	326.8 KB 
ID:	2785Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bff135-magicmissile.jpg 
Views:	66 
Size:	686.3 KB 
ID:	2786

I got Baron Zemo, Doctor Strange, Professor X, and the Millennium Puzzle for obvious reason. Angel is there if I need some cheap unblockable hitter. Constantine is there for not letting my opponents use the basic actions if they by too many. Elf Wizard helps me get actions cheaper and move them to the prep as soon as I purchase them. Cerebro is to slow down teams that are trying to be a bit too aggressive for my tastes. And the Basic Actions Power Bolt and Magic Missile let me do direct damage to my opponent. With both Baron Zemo and Doctor Strange out, I can take care of my opponent pretty quickly with out having to deal any combat damage.

Looking at everyone else's teams, I am now considering an alternative to the Power Bolt Basic Action. Something like Resurrection, Nasty Plot, or something like that

Go with transfer power instead of magic missile. I notice that you have good amount of shield characters. You already have power bolt, Cerebro and millennium puzzle doing 4 to 6 to 8 damage damage with Dr.strange. Also replace Elf Wizard for I don't know, Blue Dragon Apprentice? You get some Breath Weapon in, take out some SK's and played with an action force someone not able to block. You already have Zemo to recycle your Action Dice. Or switch out Zemo for Blue Dragon. Elf Wizard can be placed back in switching Zemo out with Blue Dragon. She is a 3 cost that deducts actions when fielded and puts them into prep when attacking. Added with Transfer Power, that can create some shenanigans.

Also, get that SR Constantine. Fits perfect in your team. Saves you from a lot of stuff. He has never let me down.
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 08-29-2015 at 02:29 AM.

What do you think of morphing jars and Distraction instead of Transfer Power for my Dr.Strange deck

I'm looking at the Kobolds and their fist energy wouldn't help me in anyway.

Vassal is a table top board game simulator
    You should definitely use that to play dice masters online. You don't need skype to play on it
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 09-01-2015 at 01:28 AM.

YouTube vassal dice masters tutorial
    As for Wasp and Phoenix. Knock her out and dustraction

Here is the two versions of my take on this team.

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.10.57 AM.png 
Views:	70 
Size:	2.14 MB 
ID:	2849

Name:	Screen Shot 2015-09-03 at 9.12.11 AM.png 
Views:	82 
Size:	1.72 MB 
ID:	2850

I like to use thor's hammer to be a board clear. I am thinking about changing the hammer to the one that only damages villains if I run the power ring.

My Mystic burn team is dead. The original team went sideways. I went to my weekly tournament to play test Burning Action and I noticed that one card was for sure just dead. So Zemo was kicked out and I couldn't figure out who. Realized if I'm using Breath Weapon, might as well use cards that use Breath weapon. I went "**** it, Dragons!" It's still called Burning Action but here's the new team.

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	115 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2915

Also, if you mention "Why not Magic Missile? It does the same thing and has a global to ping stuff"
    That's the exact reason. That global is death on my kobolds. Dont ****ing touch my kobolds!
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 10-08-2015 at 04:53 PM.

Just found this thread. I have been using almost the exact team as my go-to team. It was originally:Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Burning Action1.jpg 
Size:	162.5 KB 
ID:	3133
    Baron Zemo Thunderbolt
    Beholder Minion Abberation
    Millenium Puzzle
    Thousand Dragon
    Namor Sub Mariner
    BEWD
    Constantine
    Morphing Jar

However, I had been getting destroyed by my buddy who consistently uses a Wasp/Jinzo combo and burns me everytime I try to hit him. With the new War of Light cards, I was able to make adjustments and create this team:

Name:	Burning Action2.jpg 
Views:	75 
Size:	196.0 KB 
ID:	3134

I'm hoping to try out the vicious struggle and whenever I use any basic actions or globals, he will take more damage than me, and I'll drag him down.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    My Mystic burn team is dead. The original team went sideways. I went to my weekly tournament to play test Burning Action and I noticed that one card was for sure just dead. So Zemo was kicked out and I couldn't figure out who. Realized if I'm using Breath Weapon, might as well use cards that use Breath weapon. I went "**** it, Dragons!" It's still called Burning Action but here's the new team.

Excellent lol
    Go Green!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by zeon20 View Post
    Excellent lol
    Go Green!!!!!
    Hell yeah dude!