Thread: Build help: BEWD + Constantine + Kwannon + Formerly Weapon Ten

Build help: Formerly Weapon Ten in a stall & control build?

Updated with new build based on feedback.

BEWD, Solomon Grundy, Constantine, Jinzo and Human Paladin for control & stall. Formerly Weapon Ten with Relentless as win condition. It's dependent on rolling enough masks (with Morphing Jar) to relentless the entire field. Not sure how I can fit in a Green Goliath here for board sweep - at the expense of which card?

I have a tough time actually having BEWD benefit me more than my opponent. It seems like my opponents benefit from it just as much from it as I do, and they essentially get an extra card to use.

Any constructive feedback on this build is appreciated, thanks!
    Last edited by reaverdrop; 08-28-2015 at 12:39 PM. Reason: Updated title and build.

you do not need Kwannon and Grundy on the same team. Grundy is just superior. You are reserving a spot for Kwannon that you could use to flesh out your team more, when her roles are already present in the other cards you have. 1) cheap masks == Morphing Jar, 2) Targeted KO, Grundy does this better, cheaper, and more on demand.

Hard to argue with anything else on your team though, except the lack of a Human paladin/DCK, and your lack of multitarget removal. Perhaps not Anger Issues? and instead something that synergizes with your stall strategy? Perhaps something that is more direct damage than FWX's combat dependence.

Surprisingly, you made the very second team on my old constructed deck.

Take out Psylocke, you already have Grundy. Put in DoomCaliber Fiendesh Fighter. Instead of Anger Issues, run Swords of Revealing light/Relentless. You have those morphing jars for all the masks you need. Polymorph for the fast fielding on Jinzo. l

Just get rid of Wolverine. You're stalling out the game and he isnt to your style. I should know, he was in my very first deck just like this one minus Grundy, BEWD, Polymorph and Anger issues. He will hold you back.

This my new team. Since you're stalling the game out which fits to my style, Ill let you borrow my new deck

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2741

Nova is the Win Condition
    Ramping with Professor X (BEWD is a secondary if they have it)
    Morphing Jars to help for distraction/ramp support
    Deadpool for my spot removal. Using Distraction to get free kills off
    Hulk for a board sweep
    Constantine to stall out the game for a turn
    Wasp because its a cheaper Jinzo
    And of course Iceman to get those bolts to use Magic Missile on Nova or possibly Hulk

I'd ditch Kwannon and Grundy, and use McRook instead - cheaper and no need for external support to function, while also giving you some bolts for BEWD. PXG is redundant, and will probably benefit your opponent even more then BEWD (until you get Jinzo out). If you really want to stall your opponent, use Professor X CFX to prevent them from fielding characters, and throw them for a loop by fielding him and flipping his stats with Ant-Man's global (which will also synergize with Anger Issues).

You're literally giving him another piece out of this specific deck I made.
    I used Mcrook. It doesnt work as well without distraction.

Keep Grundy. You want a solid form of removal. Mcrook is a 50/50. Grundy is 100%

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Surprisingly, you made the very second team on my old constructed deck.

Take out Psylocke, you already have Grundy. Put in DoomCaliber Fiendesh Fighter. Instead of Anger Issues, run Swords of Revealing light/Relentless. You have those morphing jars for all the masks you need. Polymorph for the fast fielding on Jinzo. l

Just get rid of Wolverine. You're stalling out the game and he isnt to your style. I should know, he was in my very first deck just like this one minus Grundy, BEWD, Polymorph and Anger issues. He will hold you back.
    I'll swap out Kwannon for Doomcaliber or Human Paladin. If I don't have Formerly Weapon Ten, who should I replace him with? And how do I best use Polymorph for a fast Jinzo?

Thanks for sharing your new team, I'm going to try that! Looks fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Hard to argue with anything else on your team though, except the lack of a Human paladin/DCK, and your lack of multitarget removal. Perhaps not Anger Issues? and instead something that synergizes with your stall strategy? Perhaps something that is more direct damage than FWX's combat dependence.
    See my reply above. Will replace Kwannon with Human Paladin or DCK. Who should I replace FWT with? Green Goliath for board sweep? And if so, which basic action instead of Anger Issues? Magic Missile? Relentless?

if you plan on using Jinzo, go with Nova and Magic Missile. See my team above. If you plan on using Wolverine, go with Relentless/Swords of Revealing light and DoomCaliber - Fiendish Fighter. Maybe Hulk and Slifer Rare. Board Wipe with Hulk, swords on characters that live then Attack with Wolverine
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 08-26-2015 at 08:33 PM.

I updated the original build with Relentess instead of Anger Issues, swapped out Kwannon for Human Paladin.

BEWD, Solomon Grundy, Constantine, Jinzo and Human Paladin for control & stall. Formerly Weapon Ten with Relentless as win condition. It's dependent on rolling enough masks (with Morphing Jar) to relentless the entire field. Not sure how I can fit in a Green Goliath here for board sweep - at the expense of which card?

I have a tough time actually having BEWD benefit me more than my opponent. It seems like my opponents benefit from it just as much from it as I do, and they essentially get an extra card to use.

Any constructive feedback on this build is appreciated, thanks!