Thread: Gelatinous Cube - Master Ooze

Gelatinous Cube - Master Ooze

If KO'd, does the capture end?

Unless otherwise noted, capturing ends at the end
    of the turn, or when the capturing die is knocked out.
    I would think that capturing ends when it leaves the field. What I'm not sure about is what happens when Gelatinous Cube is itself captured. Does it release whatever it had previously captured?

"This capture last until it is used again."

I mean, it wasn't used again. That's sort of "otherwise noted."

All captures must have a capturing die that they are placed under. Captures that no longer have a capturing die on the field are released. It is for this reason that Imprisoned remains on the field until the capture is released and the rare Ultron Drone allows another of your characters to perform the capture since its own die is already off the field.

When a die is captured and placed under another die, it no longer exists for game purposes. Accordingly, when the Gelatinous Cube is captured, it no longer exists to maintain its own capture and so its previously captured die is released. The actual rules for the capture mechanic are vague, but they are clear enough for this to be the clear interaction. Captured dice do not exist and so cannot maintain captures of their own, regardless of whether or not their captures would normally persist past the cleanup step.

Thanks Necro, as much as I believed that's the way it works, all it takes is someone's adamant skepticism for me to question everything :P

Capture ends when the cube is KO'ed. Or you capture another creature with a different cube. You can only capture one at a time.

If I have multiple Cube's fielded, can they each individually capture my opponents characters? So I have two Cubes and my opponent has two characters which are KO'd. Can one Cube capture one, and another cube capture the second?

Quote Originally Posted by fun4willis View Post
    If I have multiple Cube's fielded, can they each individually capture my opponents characters? So I have two Cubes and my opponent has two characters which are KO'd. Can one Cube capture one, and another cube capture the second?
    Yes, each Cube is capable of a single capture. Since the ability is self-referential, it is counted per die.

If you have 4 Gelatinous Cube dice on the field and 4 dice are KO'd in the attack step, you may pay 4 shields to have each of your Cubes capture each of the KO'd dice separately. Technically, you can even capture your own dice to save them from KO effects that would send them to the used pile like Atrocitus, but this is a very niche application.