Thread: Rogue-Anna Raven

You may want to if you were running Rogue in an Ultron capture deck and your opponent only had sidekicks in his used pile.

Unfortunately it doesn't work. The Rulebook says:
    Dice in your Used Pile, Prep Area, and bag are not considered rolled dice.
    And WKRF says this:
    As they exist before they are in play (i.e., in your dice bag), there are three types of dice: action dice, character dice, and sidekick dice. The language from the rulebook that speaks of “two types” of dice says, “Cards and their associated dice come in two types: characters and actions.” This statement is accurate, because sidekicks do not have cards associated with them, and thus are a third type of dice not referenced in the language quoted from the rulebook. Sidekick dice may later also be considered character dice if rolled on a character face, but they are not considered character dice unless and until that occurs—i.e., as they exist in your bag, they are “sidekick dice” only, not “character dice.”
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5948

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Unfortunately it doesn't work. The Rulebook says:

And WKRF says this:

http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=5948
    Your point would be accurate PK, if it weren't for the fact that rogue can capture ANY DIE in the used pile, Character,action or sidekick. When this happens, you do as much as you can, so the capture happens, the action die may not spin at all, a sidekick or character could spin though. Then the stat copying would happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Your point would be accurate PK, if it weren't for the fact that rogue can capture ANY DIE in the used pile, Character,action or sidekick. When this happens, you do as much as you can, so the capture happens, the action die may not spin at all, a sidekick or character could spin though. Then the stat copying would happen.
    D'oh! You're absolutely right.

I thought it specified "character die" in Rogue's ability, but re-reading it shows that it does not.

I admire the strength of your convictions here, but I think this is taking the 'play the card text as written' approach to a ridiculous degree.

Character die is implied by the instruction to spin the die to level 1, and copy it's stats.

The first part of my comment was not directed at you, @Mordred414 . I should have made that clearer. It was primarily directed at @Shadowmeld .

However, I think the point that pk2317 made is valid - sidekick dice are not character dice when they are in Used.

I do not see the limitatio n you are putting on rogue Scorpion. There is already a rogue that captures action dice, and if you are looking for a way to trigger Ultron, and ALL your opponent has in used are a tion Dice, I would surely expect to be able to capture "a die" from the used.

Even without the Action Dice caveat though, there is absolutely no dileniation in the wording or intent between sidekicks or characters. Both can be captured, spun to a level one face, and have their stats copied.

The rule book specifically states that sidekicks have ONLY a level 1 face, and there are several cards that "spin" sidekicks to that face ( Harpie Lady for example).

Thus, yes, sidekicks could definitely be captured this way.

My point, in my first comment, was not so much about Sidekick vs Character, @Shadowmeld , but whether Action Dice should be included in the subset of dice that she can capture.

The later part of her ability instructs you spin the captured die to level 1, and copy it's stats.

This strongly implies that the intent of the card is for her capture only dice that can be spun to level 1 and which can have their stats copied.

Whether that includes Sidekicks or not is moot to the point I was making.

I was looking at the comment about using a sidekick capture to trigger Ultron's 3 damage ability. Even if you were to capture a sidekick with Rogue, I don't think it would trigger Ultron since he specifies a character die and sidekicks aren't character dice while in the used pile. The captured die doesn't become a character until AFTER you capture it. This would only work if you captured the sidekick while in the field.

Yeah, if it's characters, then it probably excludes sidekicks, and definitely excludes actions.

But if it includes sidekicks and/or actions then capturing either of those wouldn't trigger Ultron anyway.

2015 Canadian and 2016 US National Champion

Blog Entries
    When spun to level one it is a character?

Quote Originally Posted by Jthomash2 View Post
    When spun to level one it is a character?
    It's only a character when it's in the Field (according to the Sangan ruling).

Blog Entries
    And when captured it's under the Rogue die which is in the field?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred414 View Post
    You place it under Rogue's die to show it's captured, but no, captured dice are considered out of play and not in the field.
    Sorry, I was going for more tongue in cheek about literal reading of rules, cards and rulings.