Thread: Berserker Hybrid Team

Berserker Hybrid Team

If you are reading the strategy section, you probably know what a Hybrid sealed/constructed team is. For those who don't, I get to take 2 BAC and four characters/actions with up to three dice for each card. I buy ten packs and finish building my team from what I pulled.

Here's what I am considering:

My plan is to buy Wolverine and Dimension door to get him through unblocked. I want to use Red Dragon global to make my Dimension Door cheaper plus deal a damage to my opponent when I buy an action die.

I've got two more character slots to fill and one more BAC to choose. I'm considering:

for ramp purposes. Maybe get that Red Dragon out if my opponent is able to stall me.

I love Black Panther's stats. If Wolverine gets locked down, Black Panther could step in and do almost as much damage for a much lower total fielding cost.

Cheaper to buy than Black Panther, more expensive to field.

I like the built-in overcrush and that he is a bolt.

Name:  Wasp133.jpg
Views: 224
Size:  41.3 KB
    I really like making my opponent pay for using global abilities. Wasp also gives me bolts for Red Dragon. If necessary, I'd use her to block.

Finally, for my second Basic Action Card-

If I can't dimension door my big hitter through, +3 attack and overcrush is certainly going to hurt.

So, what do you think? Am I on the right track or do am I missing something pretty obvious.

What set are you drafting from? What are you expecting to find in your packs to supplement your team? How likely is it that you'll get what you want?

Well if you want to use Anger Issues and Dimension Door, you could use the Black Pantha Wakanda Chief 4 Cost.

I haven't decided what set to draft from. The FLGS has UXM, AOU, YGO, and possibly D&D (if restocked- they were out last week). I want to set the constructed part of my team and then decide what to buy. I'll likely go with what I feel will synergize best with the team I am taking. But, I could use some more D&D cards, so I'm leaning that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Well if you want to use Anger Issues and Dimension Door, you could use the Black Pantha Wakanda Chief 4 Cost.
    I do like Black Panther but I can't attack with him unless my opponent has something in the field. I'm really hoping to get an attack off before my opponent has a chance to field anything (I know- wishful thinking, but it might happen).

Quote Originally Posted by Razorback View Post
    I do like Black Panther but I can't attack with him unless my opponent has something in the field. I'm really hoping to get an attack off before my opponent has a chance to field anything (I know- wishful thinking, but it might happen).
    Thats what i am talking about, why would you need dimension door and overcrush if not for that? I know you want the possibility to attack even when there is nothing on the board but it is really rare to see an empty board if you bring that up. It is possible with Polymorph(fielding) and Resurrection Global/Zatanna/Gambit to draw and get dice earlier on the field.

Martian Manhunter 4cost would be also good, but the 5cost has already overcrush.

Also if your opponent brings polymorph, buy 1 at least if you have the time and energy. Brings you great a great removal or fielding faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Ressless View Post
    Thats what i am talking about, why would you need dimension door and overcrush if not for that? I know you want the possibility to attack even when there is nothing on the board but it is really rare to see an empty board if you bring that up. It is possible with Polymorph(fielding) and Resurrection Global/Zatanna/Gambit to draw and get dice earlier on the field.

Martian Manhunter 4cost would be also good, but the 5cost has already overcrush.

Also if your opponent brings polymorph, buy 1 at least if you have the time and energy. Brings you great a great removal or fielding faster.
    Great points! Thanks!

Kobolds and Red Dragon
    They mix together. Provides you energy for breath weapon. Mix in a magic missile die or powerboat with the SR Red Dragon. That's 7 possible damage in one burts. Blue Dragon with breath weapon while using an action forcing a character not able to block too. It's a damaging combo. Add in Baron Zemo rare to cycle your actions. Kobolds again help with their swarm effect providing 'generic' energy.

you will probably need doomcaliber knight - feindish fighter because he will easily be distracted back.

Pretty sure that's fine
    He has breath weapon. Distract all they want. It just kills their ramp and burns more life
    Last edited by VastSpartan; 08-27-2015 at 12:50 AM.

I don't know why, but I cannot settle on a team. I'm starting to think hybrid is the most difficult way to play this game.

Just go with the most successful one. I couldnt stick to a team till I play tested a bunch. Landed on one that used a lot of my favorite cards.