Thread: Newbie working on decks

Newbie working on decks

I've only started and acquired a few things thanks to the starter, boosters, and kind locals with extras. I've been working on some ideas that may work with what I have but I know I need to get some other starters.

Action Fun
    Basic Actions (Need to get these)
    Polymorph
    Resurrection

2x Baron Zemo Thunderbolt
    3x Beast 666 (Thinking of switching out for Storm Wind Rider)
    2x Doc Strange Master of the Mystic Arts
    3x Elf Wizard Lesser Harper
    3x Limited Wish Lesser Spell
    1x Prof X Recruiting
    3x Punisher McRook
    2x Red Dragon Lesser Dragon

The idea is to get actions going and wish for Strange and Dragon while Punisher makes the opponent pay 2 or lose a character. I'm 1-1 with this variant.

Low Cost Fun
    Basic Actions - Not sure which to use

Ant-Man Pym Particles
    Beast Mutate 666
    Black Widow Oktober
    Gambit Ace in the Hole
    Ghost Rider Johnny Blaze
    Mr Fantastic Brilliant Scientist
    Storm Weather Witch
    Ultron Drone Swarm of Destructiom

Lots of characters and the Drones try to capture with Ant-Man doing some switching. Not sure on performance

Then after hearing about Metas around from the podcast and watching videos of nationals and worlds, I'd like to build an anti-meta deck with Loki Loki Laufeyson for all kinds of shenanigans but that is as far as I've gotten.

Suggestions.

Keep rockin that Mcrook he is so brutal imo my friends dread playing against him maybe use him with the strange wish and add magic missile from d and d could be fun the baron zemo would seem to fit in there some ware the red dragon is great to drop the cost of the missile down too

Two of my new Teams consisting of actions. One uses breath weapon, the other is Mystic Burn from Doctor Strange

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2753

This one utilizes Doctor Strange's mystic burn using powerbolt and possibly Millennium Puzzle if there's something that's really screwing you over. With the Elf you can attack and place your used up Action Dice to prep. If they want to let her through, you can either KO her or transfer power your opponents attack to her and hit directly. Your call. If you knock her out you can just re-field her and buy another action die for 2.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	107.jpg 
Views:	65 
Size:	70.2 KB 
ID:	2754 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Wasp-Founding-Avenger.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	207.5 KB 
ID:	2753

This one utilizes more of a breath weapon approach. Win condition is the Red Dragon. If you use an action, mainly Power Bolt you get a second affect from the Red Dragon. Using the Kobolds for energy for Breath Weapon 3. Same concept with Blue Dragon but it forces someone not able to block and you do Breath Weapon 1. Baron Zemo recycles your Action Dice using the Kobolds for their energy and a source of ramp.
    Millennium Puzzle for serious removal (Red Dragon can cause two removals, your choice) and Wasp to burn them down more if they plan on using your Professor X global.

Ive yet to test these decks but I will sometime this week.