Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Speculation on Value of Rainbow Draft Weekend Cards/Dice

Speculation on Value of Rainbow Draft Weekend Cards/Dice

So here's what the prize/event situation is:

The 2015 Marvel Dice Masters OP Kit includes:

16 Iron Fist Dice, 16 Iron Fist: The Immortal Promo Cards, 16 Iron Fist: The Immortal Blank Variant Promo Cards, 5 Storm: Wind-Rider Semi-Finalist Full Art Promo Cards, 2 Namor: Atlantean Finalist Full Art Promo Cards, and 1 Cable: Time Traveler Grand Prize Full Art Promo Card!

The 2015 DC Comics Dice Masters OP Kit includes:

16 Batmobile Dice, 16 Batmobile: From Wayne Enterprises Promo Cards, 16 Batmobile: From Wayne Enterprises Blank Variant Promo Cards, 5 Aquaman: Arthur Curry Semi-Finalist Full Art Promo Cards, 2 Robin: Boy Wonder Finalist Full Art Promo Cards, and 1 Joker: Clown Prince of Crime Grand Prize Full Art Promo Card!

2015 Dice Masters OP Kits will be available 1 each per qualifying store.

The Tournament Structure will be:

Rainbow Draft
    Up to 16 players per draft, drafting in pods of up to 8 players each (pods should be as even as possible in size)
    12 Foil Packs per player (as is standard for Rainbow Draft)
    Each participating player will receive a die and its two matching cards (Promo and Blank Variant versions)
    Prizes are cumulative, so a player winning the event will earn a Finalist Full Art Promo Card, a Semi-Finalist Full Art Promo Card, and a Champion Full Art Promo Card
    An extra Semi-Finalist card is included to be given to a judge or event staffer

All of that being said, from what I've seen of listings for Rainbow Draft Weekend events, along with the amount of people talking about seeming to have missed on on applying to qualify or whatever, or stores not wanting to order the four minimum gravity feeds, there really doesn't seem like there's going to be very many of this available. Maybe they'll release them again at another time when they have a bunch leftover, but I don't know.

Anyway, most judges will probably end up with two copies of the Aquaman/Storm cards, since they'll probably be playing at the events, in addition to setting them up (I haven't seen any area with two events anywhere near close together for a judge to be able to solely play a Rainbow Draft Weekend at another store), so I'm guessing they'll be the most available, as they'll have the most amount of people with two copies of each. However, I know that if I end up winning one, I'll probably end up just giving it to a friend, or whatever.

However, there will be people who very much want the full arts of other cards. I'm not sure how many of these have already been made full art before, so if they all have full art versions already, then I guess the thing to focus on is the participation cards.

These will be interesting because most people will want to keep the one die they get, looking for more, and probably be willing to part with one of the two cards (either blank or not), but not the dice, making the Batmobile and Iron Fist dice, conceivably, the most valuable parts of the prize kit. But really, I'm not a good speculator on these types of things, at all. OP cards don't tend to go for crazy amounts, but these ones are really cool, just because of the characters, and I know Arthur Curry is in 9/10 JL decks I would build, and I always have one on me set up in my Zen Bins, so I can't wait to have him always ready to rock and roll.

Seriously though, anyone with more experience at this speculation stuff would be very welcome.

I don't believe the dice will hold any true value with the WoL releasing the Wednesday before the rainbow draft weekend, these should be readily available. At least I believe those cards are in WoL.
    I think the Joker will be the most sought after card of them all.

I also strongly suspect the Batmobile will be either in War of Light or (if not) definitely in the Superman/Batman set coming next.

And Iron Fist is strongly suspected to be in ASM, though I don't believe that's been fully confirmed yet.

Joker will be worth bank. Only one per kit, a very popular character, a playable card, and amazing art. It checks all the boxes.

Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    I also strongly suspect the Batmobile will be either in War of Light or (if not) definitely in the Superman/Batman set coming next.

And Iron Fist is strongly suspected to be in ASM, though I don't believe that's been fully confirmed yet.
    Iron Fist was confirmed for ASM in a distributor solicitation but the card itself may be unique to the OP.

Even if Batmobile is in S/B, it'd hope the OP card would be unique.

Value: priceless and untradable, unless of course you get multiple copies of the alt art cards. And that shouldn't really be possible, since each store is only getting one kit.

If you have a low turn out, I suggest holding a repeat weekend, or a constructed or Hybrid event with the remaining prizes.

Quote Originally Posted by Crestfallen View Post
    Iron Fist was confirmed for ASM in a distributor solicitation but the card itself may be unique to the OP.

Even if Batmobile is in S/B, it'd hope the OP card would be unique.
    I'm sure that both cards are unique alternate artwork. The dice, however, will come with the appropriate sets.

Can someone link to proof that either of these will be in a future set? I have not seen these. Thanks.

I'm sure that both cards are unique alternate artwork. The dice, however, will come with the appropriate sets.
    Sure. I mention unique in the sense that I hope the OP cards aren't ultimately variant art versions of cards that will appear in those sets. E.g., Iron Fist: The Immortal only in the OP.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    Can someone link to proof that either of these will be in a future set? I have not seen these. Thanks.
    Both have a max of 4. Both only come with 1 die. Logical inference is that the dice will be more available at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Indy Mon View Post
    There might not be proof. Batmobile in S/B is speculation. I thought I saw Iron Fist listed on something for ASM but I'm not certain.
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 08-27-2015 at 02:50 PM. Reason: spells

There have yet to be any dice with iron fists symbol spoiled for ASM

Both have a max of 4. Both only come with 1 die. Logical inference is that the dice will be more available at some point.
    True. Participants of Rainbow Draft Weekend are supposed to receive both the art and blank versions of Iron Fist and Batmobile, resulting in two dice per participant.

Based on the kit content list I think participants only get 1 die, 1 blank card, and 1 full art card.

MARVEL

16 Iron Fist dice
    16 Iron Fist full art cards
    16 Iron Fist no-art cards (blanks)
    5 Storm: Wind-Rider
    2 Namor: Atlantean
    1 Cable: Time Traveler

True. Participants of Rainbow Draft Weekend are supposed to receive both the art and blank versions of Iron Fist and Batmobile, resulting in two dice per participant.
    Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    Based on the kit content list I think participants only get 1 die, 1 blank card, and 1 full art card.

MARVEL

16 Iron Fist dice
    16 Iron Fist full art cards
    16 Iron Fist no-art cards (blanks)
    5 Storm: Wind-Rider
    2 Namor: Atlantean
    1 Cable: Time Traveler
    According to the Rainbow Draft site:

All players receive 2 participation cards and a matching die

According to the Rainbow Draft site:
    Can we not bring facts in this?

Can we not bring facts in this?
    I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE ONLY 4 PEOPLE COME TO THE EVENT SO WE ALL GET 4 DICE AND ALL THE CARDS LOLOLOL!!!!!1

Also I heard the next Marvel set is going to be Iron Fist-themed. *nods*

I'M GOING TO MAKE SURE ONLY 4 PEOPLE COME TO THE EVENT SO WE ALL GET 4 DICE AND ALL THE CARDS LOLOLOL!!!!!1

Also I heard the next Marvel set is going to be Iron Fist-themed. *nods*
    That Galactus SR is the next BEWD.

I think at least one of the places near me is doing the Marvel and DC Rainbow Draft Weekend kits as two separate events. I wonder which sets we will be drafting from.

Quote Originally Posted by pishposh View Post
    I think at least one of the places near me is doing the Marvel and DC Rainbow Draft Weekend kits as two separate events. I wonder which sets we will be drafting from.
    I posted here regarding the same question:
    http://www.thereservepool.com/thread...2510#post22510

Looks to me that AoU and WoL are excluded.

Quote Originally Posted by SlapsterMcFlash View Post
    Which would mean that Crestfallen was right, because each person leaves with 2 dice and four cards, 1 Iron Fist die and 2 cards, and 1 Batmobile die and 2 cards.
    Everybody is right!

My FLGS didn't really listen to me and the other judge, and ordered one box of each of the four sets available. We're going to have to do an odd draft, maybe each different pod will have a different set. I'm pretty excited about these cards.