Thread: Guardians of the Galaxy

Guardians of the Galaxy

I was wanting to build a fun theme team using all six GOTG characters I was just wondering which version of each character do you think is the best and why and also who do you think would be the best to fill the last two spots while staying marvel.

Nova could fit with the GOTG theme. And soon we will have Drax in the next set. Awwwww yeah. I'd like to see Yondu too.

These are all the good GOTG cards. Moon Dragon will not be mentioned. All her card variants SUCK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	2761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	2762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou044-assassin.jpg 
Views:	72 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	2763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou131-elementgun.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	2764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou136-wearegroot.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	2765

is Marvel and you can use her for some cheap masks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	2766

If you want something to hit hard. Use him. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	2767

If you want to go for the GotG theme use the six Guardians characters. Yes, even Moondragon...just don't purchase her.

Next add Thanos - Mad Titan. He will get your dmg through and he fits. He was in the movie.

Lastly, and to make it all work: the rare SHIELD Agents. They give you ramp since you can add them to your roll and you will need it for Thanos. And they fit thematically. Just say they are the defense forces of that planet in the movie.

Awsome you all have been very helpful. Vastspartan that's who I had in mind except I didn't pull the groot sr I was thinking of the unc one.
    Im going to put in moon dragon too even though I think all of them stink but she will only get one dice that stays on the card for the whole game. Cant wait to get Drax also. Was curios on the starhawk rare how does that work when you have multiple dice of him out?

Quote Originally Posted by Carnage67 View Post
    Awsome you all have been very helpful. Vastspartan that's who I had in mind except I didn't pull the groot sr I was thinking of the unc one.
    Im going to put in moon dragon too even though I think all of them stink but she will only get one dice that stays on the card for the whole game. Cant wait to get Drax also. Was curios on the starhawk rare how does that work when you have multiple dice of him out?
    Still waiting on confirmation from WKRF on that one. I would play it that each Starhawk die would get the bonus, but they wouldn't stack if you had multiple.

Usually effects do not stack unless specified. But every starhawk die gets the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    These are all the good GOTG cards. Moon Dragon will not be mentioned. All her card variants SUCK.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62.jpg 
Views:	74 
Size:	74.9 KB 
ID:	2761Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130.jpg 
Views:	71 
Size:	77.2 KB 
ID:	2762Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou044-assassin.jpg 
Size:	112.0 KB 
ID:	2763Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou131-elementgun.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	102.7 KB 
ID:	2764Click image for larger version. 

Name:	aou136-wearegroot.jpg 
Views:	69 
Size:	109.5 KB 
ID:	2765

is Marvel and you can use her for some cheap masks. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Size:	79.0 KB 
ID:	2766

If you want something to hit hard. Use him. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	12.jpg 
Views:	77 
Size:	85.6 KB 
ID:	2767
    Instead of the SR Groot use the C paired with Captain Marvel UC to make it impossible to KO him.

Captain Marvel would be the heavy hitter when paired with Starhawk.

I just pointed out the best versions for the Guardians

Also that's more expensive. You have the common Rocket Raccoon to pair up with StarHawk.

I added Iron Man since he teamed up with the Guardians for a bit in the last run of the comics along with Kitty Pyrde too

I know it's not constructed, but I just played a draft where I had common Gomora, rare starhawk, and giant man...
    Talk about beating face!!! Every turn, I was wiping his board by just attacking...