Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 37

Thread: The Emerald Archer

  1. #1

  2. #2

  3. #3

  4. #4

  5. #5
    Ambush does not count toward cards, it counts toward die. It even tells you on the card itself



    And always assume its active unless specified in the text. If not, its an errata.

  6. #6

  7. #7

  8. #8
    Rule of thumb:

    If you are counting how many characters it's unique (aka active) characters.

    If you are counting how few characters it's not.

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by VastSpartan View Post
    Ambush does not count toward cards, it counts toward die. It even tells you on the card itself



    And always assume its active unless specified in the text. If not, its an errata.
    The whole of this comment is wrong.

  10. #10

  11. #11
    Based on the rulings for Teamwork and other cards, yes.

    That's not to say that WizKids won't choose to rule it otherwise.

  12. #12
    See: http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...&t=1971&p=7160

    Cards worded similarly to Teamwork should function the same way. Meaning cards that count characters should be counting unique characters (active characters).

  13. #13
    Yes. Just always assume characters that are active on the field unless specified

  14. #14
    I'm thinking there is maybe a language barrier issue here.

  15. #15

  16. #16
    There's 3 villains in the field. Two being Black Manta Davids, and a.......Green Goblin Gobby. Active Player attacks with Green Arrow. He causes 3 damage to the opponent

    Green Arrow - Emerald Archer "When Green Arrow attacks, deal 1 damage to your opponent for each opposing character with the Villain affiliation in play"

    How did I get ambush wrong? Im specifically looking at what Mordred414 wrote "Really? Then how come Ambush counts cards and not dice? I swear I read that somewhere."

  17. #17
    OK Scorp, what about this:

    My opponent has 2 sidekicks in the field. I use the Takedown global to make them both Villains. Would that give me 1 more damage from Emerald Archer or 2? I know if I changed, say, 2 Iron Man, that it's definitely only 1 more damage, but sidekicks don't have a card.

    My ruling would be to treat them as if they had a card named Sidekick with the Villain affiliation, and then behave as if they were any other active character, therefore only netting me 1 more damage. A sidekick and any other regular character would give you 2.

    What's your take?

  18. #18
    Here is the card:


    When Green Arrow attacks, deal 1 damage to your opponent for each opposing character with the Villain affiliation in play.
    This ruling implies you count unique characters:
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=1971
    Cards worded similarly to Teamwork should function the same way. Meaning cards that count characters should be counting unique characters (active characters).

    This ruling implies you count the number of dice with the affiliation:
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=8033
    Lantern Power Ring: Energy Projection deals 1 damage to target opponent for each opposing Villain character die in the Field Zone. It checks the dice for affiliation (whether they got it from their character card or some other ability or effect).
    The second ruling is more recent.

    So, does "Each opposing Villain" mean the same as "Each opposing character with the Villain affiliation"?

  19. #19
    Vast... I think we just got our wires crossed. Ambush has been ruled to work like Teamwork: if I attack and my defender has 2 Iron Man and 1 Batman, I only get +2A. They only have 2 active characters. Emerald Archer is worded a little different but it seems also follows the same ruling. So if I attack with him and the opponent has the Gobby and 2 Davids, it's only 2 damage. Only 2 active villains. Sorry about whatever confusion or miscommunication there was.

    pk... That was my original issue. I thought I had it resolved but now that you bring up the Lantern Power Ring thing, I'm confused again.

    I'm still leaning toward calling it active villains. Lantern Power Ring specifically says "die," where Emerald Archer does not.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred414 View Post
    Vast... I think we just got our wires crossed. Ambush has been ruled to work like Teamwork: if I attack and my defender has 2 Iron Man and 1 Batman, I only get +2A. They only have 2 active characters. Emerald Archer is worded a little different but it seems also follows the same ruling. So if I attack with him and the opponent has the Gobby and 2 Davids, it's only 2 damage. Only 2 active villains. Sorry about whatever confusion or miscommunication there was.

    pk... That was my original issue. I thought I had it resolved but now that you bring up the Lantern Power Ring thing, I'm confused again.

    I'm still leaning toward calling it active villains. Lantern Power Ring specifically says "die," where Emerald Archer does not.
    The ruling on Lantern Power Ring says "die". The card says:
    Deal 1 damage to your opponent for each opposing Villain in play.

  21. #21

  22. #22
    It says each opposing villain. I would assume for every villain die in the field.

    Then again, WK is in a giant mess with their rulings. Sit down and just take a week going over every scenario

  23. #23
    I just posted a reply on the official forum after the Lantern Power Ring ruling. I asked them what verion of rules we're supposed to follow for Emerald Archer- the Lantern Power Ring one or the Teamwork one. I also mentioned that the LPR ruing seems to contradict their own previous ruling on Teamwork. I'm kinda glad I don't play competitively so I can make my own house rulings. I think I am going to always follow the "active" Teamwork ruling, even for Lantern Power Ring.

    Hmmm... I have posted twice now on the WKRF (once for this and once for a clarification on the different types of Teamwatch). However, my profile says I have no posts. Is that because the moderator hasn't approved either yet? I asked the Teamwatch question over a month ago. Maybe I won't be getting answers to my questions after all. Frowny face.
    Last edited by Mordred414; 08-29-2015 at 10:50 PM.

  24. #24
    Quote Originally Posted by pk2317 View Post
    Here is the card:




    This ruling implies you count unique characters:
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=1971



    This ruling implies you count the number of dice with the affiliation:
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...hp?f=10&t=8033


    The second ruling is more recent.

    So, does "Each opposing Villain" mean the same as "Each opposing character with the Villain affiliation"?
    Oh, I GIVE UP!

    How the dickens are we meant to play this game if they can't get simple stuff like this straight?!

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by Mordred414 View Post
    Hmmm... I have posted twice now on the WKRF (once for this and once for a clarification on the different types of Teamwatch). However, my profile says I have no posts. Is that because the moderator hasn't approved either yet? I asked the Teamwatch question over a month ago. Maybe I won't be getting answers to my questions after all. Frowny face.
    All posts on the WKRF need to be "approved" by the moderator before they are published.

    What this translates to is, WKRF will answer the questions that they want to answer, and not "approve" anything else. In a perfect world, this means that when 18 people ask the same question, they can choose the one that is phrased the best and answer it, and keep their forums relatively uncluttered.

    In the real world, it means they pick the "easy" ones to answer and ignore the ones they don't want to answer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •