Thread: The Destination in Louisville, KY - 8/29/15 - AvX Rainbow Draft

The Destination in Louisville, KY - 8/29/15 - AvX Rainbow Draft

Today, we held an AvX Rainbow Draft at The Destination in Louisville, KY. I'm not sure I can remember my games super well, but I'll give my team and the result. First, my team:

x3 x2 x2 x2
    x1 x2 x1 x2

A few things: A) For this draft, there were 14 total players as we had three Gravity Feeds of AvX and wanted it to come out even, B) Any Marvel BACs were allowed, and C) Only 1 Super Rare (Mr. Fantastic) was pulled from the 3 boxes... and the guy who drafted it didn't even use it in his team.

For all four of my games, I only purchased two characters (Green Goblin and Punisher). I was able to keep most people off my back using Distraction while forcing tough choices with McRook and hitting with some buffed sidekicks. The Distraction global was especially in my final game against a really tough Formerly Weapon Ten + Hulk Out team. "Pay two life" instead of "Deal two damage" on the McRook was HUGE against the Hulk team that I faced.

I went 4-0 on the day, winning 10 packs of Age of Ultron. Since I had brought most of the prize support (Phoenix Force and Phoenix Buster Iron Man), I passed on those prizes.

All in all, everyone had a good time. We had to turn players away, which was no fun but it shows that the game is growing in this area still. There were several players who weren't aware of our games, and that gives me real hope for the future of this game locally.
    Last edited by OddballNarwhal; 08-29-2015 at 07:12 PM.