A few thoughts, many reiterating what Randy noted in his blog and the rest just me being overly obsessive:

1) Art. As everyone has talked about--wow, the art is nice. Home run there!

2) Cardstock quality. It definitely is thicker and has a very nice solid feel. However, the best playing card material also has other characteristics (e.g., dark color core for greater opacity, good springback from a reasonably tight bend, etc.). Because of how cards are used in DM I don't care too much about the other characteristics, but I wonder if this thicker material might actually represent a cost savings over grey or black core playing card stock. (Then again, I haven't checked to see if they were using grey or black core playing card stock previously). Whether it does or doesn't--it's a win, in my book.

3) Bends. Things do seem a bit more bent than UXM/YGO. The packaging is very similar so perhaps it's because of the change of cardstock. I'm sure they'll flatten out with some pressure and I didn't see a return the (bigger) denting issue from AvX.

4) Arrangement inside the booster pack. Holding a recent (YGO and IIRC UXM) pack with dice side up, the arrangement was always the same. Two dice on top, white separator card, two character cards. That actually hasn't changed, but
a) the faces of the two character cards used to always be facing a consistent direction (forgot for sure which one--I believe the faces were facing towards the white card),
b) the top edges of the cards always faced the top edge of the pack, and
c) the common card was always in the same spot (closest or furthest from the white card--I forget which).
Neither a, b, nor c apply to the DnD packaging. In fact, the orientation of the two cards isn't always even consistent within one pack. Nothing wrong with the new way. Just noting it.

5) Other packaging notes. I haven't checked, but I think the gravity box is *slightly* smaller than the UXM/YGO ones. Also (and I'm less sure about this one), are the "easy open" notches slightly lower? It seems like I had to be a tiny bit more careful to make sure that when ripping across that no cards would get ripped/damaged (none did). I'm liking that the black DnD packaging broke away from the same 3 predominate colors (red or blue overall and sometimes yellow for background color) used in all of the other 5 sets--AvX, UXM, YGO, DJL, AoU. (This assumes previewed colors for unreleased sets don't change).

6) Overall rarity distribution. I opened 4 DnD gravities (yup, I'm insane) from 2 unbroken cases. There ended up being 1 extra booster in one of the gravities, but more interestingly one of the cases had two SRs in both gravity feeds. The other had 1 in one and 2 in the other, which is what I though was always the situation for UXM and YGO. Is that a change or is my understanding of UXM/YGO distributions incorrect? My overall distribution from the 4 gravities is as follows:

Common: 424 cards (average of 2.9 complete sets of 36 cards)
Uncommon: 201 cards (average of 1.8 complete sets of 28 cards)
Rare: 90 cards (average of 0.9 complete sets of 24 cards)
SR: 7 cards (average of 0.4 complete sets of 4 cards)

Assuming this is fairly typical (but excluding the presumed "extra" SR) and normalizing rarity to a "1" for super rares and doing some rounding gives us the following approximate ratios for commonality:
Super rare: 1
Rare: 2.5
Uncommon: 5
Common: 8
If you don't follow what I'm getting at, this means that each common card gets printed 8 times as often as each super rare card. Because there are 36 common cards and only 4 super rares (i.e., 9 times as many), you'll actually see common cards as a whole about 9*8=72 times more frequently than a super rare.

7) Collation/distribution within a gravity feed I didn't keep close track of individual gravity feeds, but did note that Randy's observation about not having a complete set of uncommons in a given gravity is a thing. It looks like you'll be short of couple from any given gravity. On the other hand, you'll have some duplicate rares too.

In summary, things keep getting better and better. Lots of improvements in this set! And that's even before talking about the characters on the cards. I'm impressed with what they have given us there too, but thought I would talk about the above instead because it is less discussed.