Thread: Don't Look Now, But Dice Masters is a Top Selling Game

Don't Look Now, But Dice Masters is a Top Selling Game

An excerpt:

Most recently, Diamond Distributors released their lists of top selling products for July. Dice Masters products claimed 3 of the top ten spots, including the #1 selling ‘Age of Ultron’ booster packs. This will no doubt be a trend as each new set is released, causing retailers who haven’t bought in yet to open their eyes to a tremendously successful game ...

The Dice Masters community has gained a reputation of being fair, sportsmanlike and generally a good-hearted group of gamers. Through the guidance of websites like The Reserve Pool, the community has a place where gamers can go to seek help without being judged or ridiculed; a problem that has grown with the more mainstream and hyper-competitive gaming crowd. Many new Dice Masters players are Magic: The Gathering converts, seeking a better game environment. The Reserve Pool has established a website where players can seek rule clarifications, offer assistance with strategies, as well as interact on community forums. They also offer several podcasts for players to listen to for discussions on strategies and news, such as the self-titled ‘The Reserve Pool’ and ‘The Attack Zone’. They even have an interactive map that helps registered players locate other players in their area.
    Click for the rest: CriticalBlast.com
    Last edited by Crestfallen; 08-30-2015 at 12:16 PM.

"The Dice Masters community has gained a reputation of being fair, sportsmanlike and generally a good-hearted group of gamers."

We MUST all vow to keep this true.
    It's really is the heart and soul of this game.

Quote Originally Posted by SarkhanMad View Post
    "The Dice Masters community has gained a reputation of being fair, sportsmanlike and generally a good-hearted group of gamers."

We MUST all vow to keep this true.
    It's really is the heart and soul of this game.
    More than anything, it's what makes overlooking the few issues easier to deal with and it's why I look forward to each game.

Quote Originally Posted by Diceman View Post
    It beat Magic...unbelievable.
    I know it seems like magic is unbeatable, but for a distributor that is selling collectables, the release months are the biggies, and I don't believe Magic was going through a release that month.

I'm not detracting from how awesome both the article and the data are, just walking through the confluence of factors that led to this awesomeness.

First, AoU was in its release month. And was the first Marvel set in a while, and tied directly to a major motion picture.
    Second, Magic was not going through its release month, infact the product listed, was preorder for the August release events.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    I know it seems like magic is unbeatable, but for a distributor that is selling collectables, the release months are the biggies, and I don't believe Magic was going through a release that month.

I'm not detracting from how awesome both the article and the data are, just walking through the confluence of factors that led to this awesomeness.

First, AoU was in its release month. And was the first Marvel set in a while, and tied directly to a major motion picture.
    Second, Magic was not going through its release month, infact the product listed, was preorder for the August release events.
    MTG Origins release was 7/29. Certainly plenty more time for AoU to get stuff sold, about two weeks, but think about how much product comes in for those prerelease and release events!

I wonder how WoL will compare to AoU with its upcoming release. I hope to see this train keep on rolling!