Thread: Flash - Barry Allen

Flash - Barry Allen

What is the opinion on the meaning of the words "fielded characters"?

(1) fielded characters = unique character dice (cannot count duplicates)

(2) fielded characters = number of dice (can count duplicates)

What is the rationale for your decision?

Thank you

Oh God, another of these. We've been discussing this general thing in the Emerald Archer thread. So...

Based on the Teamwork ruling, you count unique characters.

Based on the Lantern Power Ring ruling, you count dice.

My best advice right now is to pick one and be consistent with the people you play with. I have decided to go with the Teamwork ruling (even for the Lantern Power Ring, whose ruling I choose to ignore) so I would say unique characters. Others will certainly feel differently.

Whichever wins the game when I decide to attack because it's The Flash.

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred414 View Post
    Oh God, another of these. We've been discussing this general thing in the Emerald Archer thread. So...

Based on the Teamwork ruling, you count unique characters.

Based on the Lantern Power Ring ruling, you count dice.

My best advice right now is to pick one and be consistent with the people you play with. I have decided to go with the Teamwork ruling (even for the Lantern Power Ring, whose ruling I choose to ignore) so I would say unique characters. Others will certainly feel differently.
    Neither of those rulings have anything to do with The Flash. Instead, those rulings are demonstrating the difference between "each" and " each other" with the former counting dice while the latter counts unique characters.
    See ruling: http://www.wizkidseventsystem.com/bb...it=alone#p4604

In this case, This is a question of whether this is counting up to a threshold such as "the more the merrier" like with Namor's effect, or counting down to a threshold such as with "leave me alone" effects like Wolverine. I'd argue that this is a "leave me alone" effect and so counts dice rather than characters and a measly 3 sidekicks would be sufficient to allow The Flash to be blocked.

Edit: It seems the Green Arrow discussion is a little more nuanced. It also concerns the wording of "active", "in play", and "in the field" alongside some seemingly conflicting rulings. (though it's still unrelated to this argument)

Quote Originally Posted by Scum View Post
    Whichever wins the game when I decide to attack because it's The Flash.
    You're attacking with Flash, you've already lost the game

Quote Originally Posted by Mordred414 View Post
    Buy all 3 (Flash, LPR, and Teamwork) all count characters in some way. I don't see how the rulings don't apply.
    Like I said, the Teamwork and Lantern Power Ring rulings are hashing out the difference between the previously listed wordings. The Flash's quandary is based upon counting characters according to a threshold, quite unlike either action's effect and ruling.

Accordingly, the only relevant ruling is Namor's in which WizKids explains how to determine whether to count unique characters or dice in relation to a threshold. The Flash very explicitly wants a lower number of characters and so is a "leave me alone" effect and thus counts dice.

Quote Originally Posted by Necromanticer View Post
    You're attacking with Flash, you've already lost the game
    How rude! This is The Flash we're talking about, not Vixen.

The problem with Flash is, Angel is cheaper, and Namor is more reliable. When it comes to unblockable characters, there are just better options, and none of them need to attack alone.