Thread: Seeking Reassurance about Infiltrate BAC

Seeking Reassurance about Infiltrate BAC

I was looking over Infiltrate and something occurred to me. I'm 99% sure it's irrelevant to how the card works, but I've decided to ask for confirmation anyhow.

The text on infiltrate reads "Target character gets +3D and gains one team affiliation of your choice until end of turn."

What's bothering me, ever so slightly, is this: Basic Action effects that target target dice, but normal affiliations are printed on cards and only indirectly linked to the corresponding character dice by the card in use.

I am NOT arguing the Infiltrate BAC means "Choose an active character. Add an affiliation or your choice to their card and all fielded dice of that character get +3D until the end of the turn."

Basically I'm posting to ask the following question: If(When(?)) I bump into someone who does interpret the Infiltrate card text that way how do I go about convincing them they're mistaken?

"Target character" always refers to an individual die.

Quote Originally Posted by Son of 'L's View Post
    I was looking over Infiltrate and something occurred to me. I'm 99% sure it's irrelevant to how the card works, but I've decided to ask for confirmation anyhow.

The text on infiltrate reads "Target character gets +3D and gains one team affiliation of your choice until end of turn."

What's bothering me, ever so slightly, is this: Basic Action effects that target target dice, but normal affiliations are printed on cards and only indirectly linked to the corresponding character dice by the card in use.

I am NOT arguing the Infiltrate BAC means "Choose an active character. Add an affiliation or your choice to their card and all fielded dice of that character get +3D until the end of the turn."

Basically I'm posting to ask the following question: If(When(?)) I bump into someone who does interpret the Infiltrate card text that way how do I go about convincing them they're mistaken?
    Point them to this ruling:
    http://wizkidseventsystem.com/bb/vie...p=10183#p10183

as it talks about abilities that give the "villain" affiliation, and they are very clear:

"Takedown only makes 1 die into a Villain (as does Iron Man and other similar abilities)."