Thread: Spin down pain

Spin down pain

http://dicemastersdb.com/teams/team/?id=3564

Hey guys
    So I think I am missing a win condition (well one that doesn't take a while to kick in)
    But the aim is to spin down my opponents characters while Vibe is active, hopefully KO them pretty regularly and then use green dragon and vampires to attack (and breath weapon to clear the board) while having feedback active

Basic Actions

So do I have a decent enough win condition?
    It looks like it should work on Paper, but do you think it will work in the midst of a game?
    Anything I could switch out that keeps the spin down theme, but helps the team more?

Thanks

Right off the bat I notice you're not using Black Widow - Killer Instinct. What's the rationale behind that choice? She spins a character all the way down to level 1 on a consistent basis and is cheaper than anything you have on the team. If you don't want to bring a rare (or better yet, her super rare), you can still go with the Pepper Pots uncommon. Either of these characters are quite cheap and have markedly more utility than most of your characters.

As far as your win condition goes, I think there's a lot to be desired. Feedback + breath weapon is a great combo, but if that's your only trick, you're going to be spending a good portion of the game waiting on either a dragon or action die and praying that you have access to both at the same time. That kind of fate tempting is quite ballsy and I would never rest a game on that, especially since you have no other way to proc Feedback knockouts on your own turn.

Toad and your wall of spin blockers is actually a pretty wonderful idea, but it takes 3 characters to setup and you have absolutely no protection you add a 4th character into the mix. That's a acceptable investment if this wins you the game, but you have no aggro characters to take advantage of this hole in your opponent's field. To make good use of this combo, you need a followup. Something as simple as Wolverine or Black Panther and you're golden, just so long as you're putting a threat on the board to take advantage of the hole your other characters are creating.

Personally, I dislike running Vampire without the Ant-Man global since she's essentially a more expensive Beast. If you do take her out, I see no reason to bring Professor X to the table. You'd be down to a single character and one that you want a few copies of to stay in the field. Also, your dice are actually really cheap and efficient, so you don't need the metric ton of dice that Professor X provides and you'll have saved a slot for free if your opponent brings it.

All in all I really like the idea and have made 3 teams of my own revolving around Vibe - Formerly Hardline, I just think there are a few problems and holes in the execution. Good luck with the build, mate!

I have a very similar team, as Necro just said, Black Widow - Killer Instinct is really good. Even the common version is workable. If you have neither then use the uncommon Pepper Potts.

I was using green dragon as well and I realize it took too long to get the dragon out since I need toad, vibe and beast out first. From the few matches I played with my team I found no issues keeping the opponent's characters off the board but had issues taking out the sidekicks and I found needing to get green dragon out before I could swing for game.

If not green Dragon there's the Marvel Girl common.
    Ive made this team before......it wasn't good. It was fun but it was very slow.

my reasoning for not taking black widow is because that gives the choice to my opponent

Yeah I was on the fence about Prof X - But I figured that would help keep my bag lean to increase my chances of getting the dragon and Feedback

Vampires are put in there as something to niggle at my opponents life until it gets to the point they cant really take a couple of points of damage for not blocking them (and the life gain is a bonus)

I was thinking about instead of professor X - putting in the elf wizard, either the when she attacks or when she blocks move an action die from your used to your prep
    If I use the block one, then I would be rolling feed back next turn

Quote Originally Posted by Bestia View Post
    my reasoning for not taking black widow is because that gives the choice to my opponent

Yeah I was on the fence about Prof X - But I figured that would help keep my bag lean to increase my chances of getting the dragon and Feedback

Vampires are put in there as something to niggle at my opponents life until it gets to the point they cant really take a couple of points of damage for not blocking them (and the life gain is a bonus)

I was thinking about instead of professor X - putting in the elf wizard, either the when she attacks or when she blocks move an action die from your used to your prep
    If I use the block one, then I would be rolling feed back next turn
    The rare Black Widow allows you to choose which character to spin down to level 1 when she's fielded.

I always think it's better to field sidekicks instead of relying on the PXG crutch.

Paying that TFC-4 seems like a really inefficient way to deal a max 2 damage. I's much rather see just about anything else in that slot. Even wall characters like Vision have powerful level 3 faces. Venom - Mac Gargan could be a really fun character to bring on-board. He gives you direct damage, a massive body, and a global to take advantage of. Also, he combos stupidly well with Toad, so the more the merrier when it comes to the villains.

Elf Wizard isn't a bad choice, but I don't think she's a good choice either. The whole idea of putting the whole game on Green Dragon's shoulders seems iffy to me and I'd much rather see you increase your early game beef than see you try to make Feedback do all the work.

My wife uses Vibe, Formerly Hardline; Marvel Girl, Telekentic; Black Widow, Killer Instinct; Spider-Woman, Pheromones, and some random Avengers to make Spider-Woman work.