Thread: BAC: Take Cover

BAC: Take Cover

Your characters get +2D.

*/**One character gets an extra +3D.

Global: Pay to give one target character +1D (until the end of the turn).
    Does the burst ability give a total of +3D or +5D to the one character?

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    +5D total.
    Thanks, that's what I thought, but I don't always trust my thoughts

I've actually been playing around with this BAC. It's pretty great and will give you the biggest A buff that a 3 cost BAC can give you if you use it with Ant-Man's global.

Quote Originally Posted by Scenttii View Post
    I've actually been playing around with this BAC. It's pretty great and will give you the biggest A buff that a 3 cost BAC can give you if you use it with Ant-Man's global.
    I was using it with Infiltrate purely for the global, then I realized how much better buying it would be. Along with Patch and Ant-Man, it turns the rare IFL or the uncommon Namor into unblockable one turn kills pretty quickly.

Patch himself is a threat with infiltrate alone. Just got to get him unblocked.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmeld View Post
    Patch himself is a threat with infiltrate alone. Just got to get him unblocked.
    The need for an extra die is why I went with IFL as she's a pretty easy way to get through nearly every time instead of relying on a 50% chance from an action die, especially after the first few turns when there's utility characters on the field I can use to fuel her in the off chance I have no SKs fielded.

Here's
    what I'm at now after a few tweaks. Pally and Treant are local meta specific counters, and are completely optional depending on what store I'm playing in. I was originally playing with BEWD [R]/Scarlett Witch [SR]/Grundy [R] but swapped in PXG when I played against someone who was using it against me and saw how fast the combo becomes, so Kang was a natural swap for SW for the energy synergy.McRook for spot removable fits well as I have no other Bolt dump (although not as flexible as BEWD+Grundy of course). The core of the team is getting Patch and IFL out, Infiltrate and Take Cover come next, and with the help of PXG, almost all my SKs should be either fielded or in prep so all I need is one roll with the 2 BACs and IFL is swinging in for 22 unblockable on 2 of her faces, and 24 on her lvl-3.

The game I played against PXG was the only game that guy lost that night and when I swung in for 16 unblockabe for 2 consecutive turn to win 18-0 in after only playing for a few minutes it was eye opening to say the least. That guy did win overall that night in what was his first time playing in an OP, so he was happy and still in shock at how brutal and cheap overall the combo was - I had only bought 1 IFL, 1 Patch, 1 Infiltrate, and 1 Kang. Patch and IFL both fielded for free, I forgot what Kang fielded in for but using his PXG made if irrelevant at that point as I was rolling almost all of my SKs by that time anyway. Kang allowed me to get Infiltrate to re-roll each time as both turns I rolled and re-rolled energy, and I was able to use Take Cover's global once each turn. The next time we played his wanted to know if I brought "that combo" with me again I built a small Villain Retaliation team for the semi-constructed we played that night which he ended up beating me after a nice slugfest leaving me with 3 or 4 life at the end, and both of us looking forward to next time.

I was close to losing when I played Scentti when he used that BAC on me. My transfer power and Kobold/SK's saved me. Wasp helped me burn enough. It really hurts when he paired it up with the Angel rare.